Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperSam
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's time to change the filter and fluid in my 730 series loader. It's mounted on a 1968, gas, 3400 industrial with a crank driven pump. Can anyone help with info regarding how much fluid I will need. I'm told the filter is an E6NN9R500DA, but not sure of the fluid capacity. The frame assembly is listed as a 19-512. Any help with be appreciated.

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That number sounds to me like an air filter.
The 12" paper filter is 86546604 and comes with the base gasket. The 9" composite filter is 290417 and the 290397 gasket is sold separately. The paper filter is probably what you have. 730 system capacity is listed @ 10.5 gallons, but unless you purge all the cylinders you won't need much more than 5 or 6. Full level is 12" below the fill/breather cap.

SuperSam
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="RickB"](quoted from post at 04:45:04 01/23/13) That number sounds to me like an air filter.
The 12" paper filter is 86546604 and comes with the base gasket. The 9" composite filter is 290417 and the 290397 gasket is sold separately. The paper filter is probably what you have. 730 system capacity is listed @ 10.5 gallons, but unless you purge all the cylinders you won't need much more than 5 or 6. Full level is 12" below the fill/breather cap.[/quote

You are right about the air filter number, my mistake. I've been doing many filters lately and I got them confused. Thanks for the info on the correct filters and capacity. You save me some heart ache. Thanks. SS

Jetbird
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi sam, I did this job on my '68 3400 with 730 loader and I had the 9" composite filter instead of the paper. I don't know when the cutoff was when they changed to the paper type. You need a good size allen wrench to remove the drain plug, bigger than I had so I bought one. I also changed my hoses on my return lines since they looked pretty bad and I didn't want to drain the system again to change them later. They were a bit expensive as I recall for just a couple of short hoses, but not too bad.

SuperSam
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the post JB. I got this tractor about a year ago. It had just received a complete engine overhaul and, fortunately for me, all of the hydraulic hoses were replaced. My loader doesn't have a "level check plug". So I've crafted a dipstick made from aluminum stock. Now I can feel that, near the bottom, there seems to be an accumulation of sludge. It's going to be interesting to see what I find when I drop the bottom plate. SS.

Laneman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 730 series loader hydraulic fluid capacity Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think 12" is the correct fill level, in my
730 loader manual on page 18 it states that 8" from
the filler plug opening is the full level. This is
with the loader on the ground and bucket curled back

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.