Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cub Cadet 1250 problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Patrick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Cub Cadet 1250 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Guys! I'm new to this site, usually hang out on the Ford side. I have a CC 1250 that when I last ran it last fall I had to keep increasing the pull on the choke to keep it running as I finished the last few rounds of mowing. I just ran a compression check and it was 60 lbs. It has leaked oil as long as I have owned it (4-5 years), I think from the front seal, but has always run great. Is this good compression for this engine? Any hints what to look for before I tear it down to repair the oil leak?
Thanks,
Lynn

dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Measuring compression can be a trick as those, the engine have a compression release valve at low RPMs. However if accurate the 60 PSI reading is low - it should be in the 110 to 120 PSI range.

It sounds like you have a blown headgasket and you'll want to fix that ASAP as the lean condition really heats those engines up causing more damage.

Fixing a head gasket on a 1250 is a PIA compared to a 129 or a 127 due to all the heat sheilds but its doable if you have a torque wrench.

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of times when you need choke to keep them running its dirt in the carb.Take your carb apart Throw your body in a bucket of carb cleaner for a day or two and thenn blow out all the passages.You should notice a big difference after that. Kent

I Luv Farmalls

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine did the same thing last fall, I poured some sea foam in it and two minutes it ran like new.

Ken Ind.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 1250 problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 1650 did that also last spring shot some carb cleaner in it while running and cleared up ran good all summer,kenny.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.