Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

210B hood.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Shadwick
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1959 case 210b that i am trying to find a hood for. Does anyone have one they would sell or know if any other models would fit. thanks, Jeremy.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a 430 hood I think is the same except it the 200B does not have a hole for the exhaust

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom

I think you're half right.... The hood from a 430 spark ignition should fit, and one with an underneath muffler system would not have the exhaust hole knocked out....

The diesel tractors would have a hood about 1 1/2 inches too long for the 200B application. - Joe

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YES you are right Joe spark only thanks cnt

Jeremy Shadwick
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good deal, thanks for the info. This is a tractor i have recently purchased and its been pretty good so far. I still need to do a 12v conversion, i was wondering if this can be done with the generator or do i have to get an alternator? I also need to get the lift cylinders rebuilt for my loader and my control valve is leaking pretty bad. I got some work cut out for me but it will be a good project.

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why is the diesel 430's hood longer than the gas model?

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 188 diesel engine block is approximately 1 1/2" longer than the 126 148, 159 and 164 cu in gas engine blocks.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With a 12v conversion you would need a alternator and also a coil resister between the power supply and the coil.

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why do you need an alternator for a 12 volt conversion? There are plenty of 12 volt systems with a generator.

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can take your 6 volt gen. to a good shop and have them build it into a 12 V. gen. Not a big deal. Had one done like that for my SC about a month ago. Saves getting a different gen. clint

Jeremy Shadwick
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 210B hood. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this sounds like the way to go. It looks like someone may have started a 12v conversion at one time. My generator has a resistor on it already and it looks like a few more upgrades to the charging system. The wires that were ran from the generator were speaker wires that burnt up pretty quick.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.