Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Puzzling question brought forward.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back a bit there was a post about a 200B Utility, with Case built Utility loader. The exaust came threw the hood. I asked at the time if Case had a different manifold and hood for these tractors.
Well today I was looking through an op. manual for the Case model 291B loader, trying to determin the loader model on Bruce's newly aquired 830 standard tractor, and ran across this in the manual Form #9-136-1.
As I looked at it I said to myself there is your answer. Well it raised more questions, rather than answering them. I read it through and was thinking that 300s-600s don't have a port on the manifold to mount a "pipe" refered to in the text. Both my 300RN and 511B have the front side outlet port and the rear down port for underneith exaust, BUT no top front port, like on my 430s, which don't have the side port. You older Case guys are going to have to explain this situation to me. We never cut holes in hoods to mount loaders and sold manny a small frame tractor with Case loaders.
So my lingering questions are
(1) does anyone have a parts breakdown showing the "pipe" procured from Case parts, to route the exaust threw the hood?
(2) how would it fasten to the existing manifold, as there is no top front port and very limited room for a reconfigured cast elbow.
(3) What did they use for measurments on the RN 300 and 350
Loren

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very interesting Loren. Thanks for sharing....

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perhaps you take the manifold off and turn it over. Seems my VA manifold would work that way, just a guess,Iam not looking at it just remebering it to be difrent than the manifold on the 430 I had. Those under slung muffeles were great for setting a widrow of hay on fire, when you were raking.

DairyFarmerInMA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The parts book I have shows a manifold
for the diesel 300B and 400B. Figured it was
worth a shot.

320B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since I'd seen that thread on the 200b it's made me wonder if my 1957 320 with factory loader came through the hood or not. Next time I'm over at my brother's I'm going to check and I will take pictures of the manifold if it does.

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Completely different engine and manifold that exhausts on the right side of the head instead of the left side, if I'm not mistaken. Good thought though.....

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren I don't know a lot about these tractors but......... why can I see the hole in the hood ending badly?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The diesel you are showing is a Continental engine.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce,
Can't do that. The intake manifold attaches to it.
Loren

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 310 and a 210, both with Case loaders, manifolds both go beside the hood not thru. Plenty of clearance for loaders.

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren, good info from Case BUT whoever thought this up did not allow enough clearance between the hole and the exhaust pipe that comes from the bottom of the muffler. The hole in my 630 hood is about 3 1/2". If insufficient clearance is allowed the exhaust heat will burn the paint off the hood around the exhaust pipe. Otherwise this looks like a good idea and when the 30 series came out the general purpose hood was punched for muffler penetration.

Jim

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Puzzling question brought forward. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,
These tractors had a much smaller Dia. muffler. If they cast an elbow that bolted to the side of the manifold and tucked back under the hood, to exit in that hole, burnt paint certainly would be an issue. There is a 320 near me, and tomarrow I hope to get a hands on look at the exaust system. This tractor has the muffler over the hood, not beside it.
Loren

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.