Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10-20 Clutch Trouble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BT in NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am helping a friend with his 1927 10-20. The original multi disc clutch is completely shot. How much is required to put a newer single plate clutch in this tractor? We are trying all options but now it looks like this may be our best shot. It seems parts for the multi disc unit are in high demand, called everywhere and can't find any. Any help is greatly appreciated. BT

Nebraska Kirk
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the 1926 10-20 I am rebuilding. I have a 1930 parts tractor with a good single disc clutch, I am just going to use it.

To use the single disc clutch in place of the multidisc clutch, you need to change the flywheel and throwout bearing assembly too.

I will be at the club meeting Saturday evening, I can discuss it further with you at that time, Bill.

Nebraska Cowman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Boy oh boy, yeah, you'd need to change the flywheel, Off the top of my head, the throw out bearing and sleeve would have to be changed too. I had some of those parts, I believe the shaft is still here. The clutch from an F30 work. I assume the flywheel too.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are repair shops that rebuild clutches. Ky Clutch is one of them. Hal

1-502-955-9173

Also Carolina Clutch & Brakes
1-800-374-2212

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In 1975 I had a clutch disc relined for a Farmall A at a brake shop in Baltimore. Cost was $20.00. Hal

James Williams
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a clutch plate done by a company in Baltimore MD,It was so cheap it wasnt funny,I think it was Sun shine or something close to it.I called Hagerstown MD spring works and they gave me a #.I like the multi disc better becaues it has a break on the clutch that will help stop the tractor

jimmy

Oldiron29
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 10-20 Clutch Trouble Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jimmy, That brake is a big help with tractors with belt pullys. oldiron29

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.