Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

paint

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billy boy2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 9Ns came in grey and the 8Ns were grey and red. Were any of the later 9Ns and 2Ns grey and red originally? Seems alot of them got painted like 8Ns.

NO..John,PA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Originally all 9n's and 2 n'S were always gray. War time effort.

John,PA Sorta depressing times, then.

russb wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Over the years, I have really warmed up to that early N Grey. I am not partial to the "paint police" though. I like to see some individualism, just the hippie in me, I guess.

billy boy2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

russb wa wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:27:21 01/24/13) Over the years, I have really warmed up to that early N Grey. I am not partial to the "paint police" though. I like to see some individualism, just the hippie in me, I guess.

Out of 5, none of mine are the right color. I'm going back to grey on the 9 &2s and grey /red on the 8s, but not correct by the book or anything. I just like to be driving down a backroad, seeing one sitting in the brush, and know what it is. I like the grey too. One 8n I bought was the light greyish tan and orange, and it looked good that way.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it was quite common for dealerships to freshen up older models by painting them like a later model...

russb wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: paint Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just have EvelyN, an 8N. They tried to hide her
age with blue paint. Every year or so I paint
something the "right" color. In a few years she
might look respectable.

The hard part will be stopping the oil leaks.
Around the oil filter and governor are the worst.

Edit: I meant Air Filter, stead of oil.

Last edited by russb wa on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.