Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value of Ford 5640 tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moesfarm

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Value of Ford 5640 tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a small cab tractor to use in my hay operation.I found a 2 owner cab heat and air Ford SL5640 2WD with a 7210 loader.It would be a 1991-1998 year modelIt has 4000 hrs. on the clock.It looks to be in good shape original paint,good cab interior no leaks etc..It has the 12X12 transmission.I really do not need the loader or do i care if it is not 4WD.He has owned it the last 3 years and he is firm at $15,000.I looked at Tractorhouse and they are not that many on there.Does this sound like a decent price?

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Ford 5640 tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's kinda on the upper end for price... given what it is. MFWD would be worth considerably more.
Also keep in mind that instrument clusters in those things were fairly well known for going wonky and a good many got changed. It's easily old enough to have clocked 4K hours on the second cluster...
I'd be most concerned about how well it starts on days like this, if it burns oil, is the clutch good and crisp... do the hydraulics work correctly and kick the valve detents at idle once it's warmed up... is the steering tight and reasonable to work with....
I'm always somewhat amused at these guys that have a 'FIRM' price on something they overpaid for a few years previously... then expect you to share in the loss... or take the loss so they don't have to. Depreciation is a b......

Also keep in mind that the 5640 is no powerhouse. With the cab, loader and prpobably loaded rears it's going to be closing on 12K #.
It makes for a slow climb up a long hill... and a tractor that worked hard all it's life wether it did anything or not.

Rod

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Value of Ford 5640 tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably bigger than you are looking for. I have an 8240 FWA SLE with new 16 speed. 5300 hours for $19,500. It has never had a loader on it. not run in winters.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Value of Ford 5640 tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The price doesn't sound that high to me where I live. I'll bet if you bought a tractor with a loader on it you find this old saying as true.

A frt end loader is handier than a pocket on a shirt.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.