Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

archives?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old-9
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does any one know how to repost an old message from the archives? joe

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

copy/paste?

old-9
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wanted to resurect the old "nolan" Roswell story re; the "paint" from Billy boy post below. I found it in the archives but couldn't resurect it. Some day maybe I will learn how to work this "old Dell" as well as I can change points.
joe

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just view the post and copy the text.

make a new post.. and paste it in with some info that it was reposted.

treat it like a word processing document..

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="old-9"](quoted from post at 21:35:24 01/24/13) I wanted to resurect the old "nolan" Roswell story re; the "paint" from Billy boy post below. I found it in the archives but couldn't resurect it. Some day maybe I will learn how to work this "old Dell" as well as I can change points.
joe[/quote

You can post a link to the old message like this:

This is a clickable link to this topic

The HTML to do that is shown below. The stuff in red is the link to the old topic which you will find in the address bar at the top of the browser when you open the archived topic. Simply copy and paste it into the new topic. The stuff in blue is the text that gets displayed as the link in your new topic and can be whatever you want.

<a href=http://ytforums.ytmag.com/posting.php?mode=quote&p=5776255>This is a clickable link to this topic</a>

TOH

old-9
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks guys,I was trying to open YT in 2 windows to copy & paste. Couldn't do that so I emailed the ULR to myself and then copy& paste. Long way around but worked. I always loved the Roswell story. What a wordsmith Mr Nolan.

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: archives? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

old-9 wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:01:32 01/25/13) Thanks guys,I was trying to open YT in 2 windows to copy & paste. Couldn't do that so I emailed the ULR to myself and then copy& paste. Long way around but worked. I always loved the Roswell story. What a wordsmith Mr Nolan.

You don't need two windows open at the same time to copy and paste:
  1. Open the archived message in your browser
  2. Right mouse click anywhere on the URL in the address bar and then left click on Copy in the pop-up menu that appears. The hghlighted text is copied and saved on your system "clipboard".
  3. Now open a new topic and right click in the message box and click on Paste in the popup menu. The saved contents from the clipboard are pasted into the new message at the current cursor position.
TOH

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.