Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ZB sales brochers wanted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to purchase some ZB sales brochures especially the ones that show a ZB with the overhead valve 206 engine in it, I have been told that there was a factory publication with picture and some details. Thanks I have listed my e-mail link.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are talking about the 206 like was put in the 445, it was NEVER put in a ZB. It sounds like some tractor puller that is trying to BS you to think his tractor is legal.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember seeing a ZB ("N" I think) at Roger Mohr's that had like a 4 Star motor in it but they had installed that. I havent heard of any factory versions....but one never knows with MM..

oleclint
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with the others about a Z B with a 206 engine in it . There never was a ZB like that from the factory. I saw the one that the Mohr folks put togther. In fact one of them told me that they put it together. clint

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the 50 cent tour of Mr. Kerchner's tractors,the Delmonte U, row crop Jet Star,his 602 front wheel assist,and a few more there was a lot different tractors out there. New style engines had to be tested and I don't think MM scrapped all the test models and they tried a lot of different things. Heck we all have opinions it is what makes life interesting. Thanks guys !!

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes, there were prototype OH valve ZB's (445 engine). I am unaware of any literature or publications on them, please share is you find any, that would be great material for the history book.

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In my research of MM I've learned to never say never! lol

When we identified the Jensen Negatives 10+ years ago, there were photos of several prototype ZB's with the OH valve 206 engine (same as 445) taken at the factory. I've seen a few in real life, they DO exist! see photo on page 8 of the Peterson/Beemer MM book ( I don't know if this particular tractor is factory or field changed)

brian koeman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well a 220 fit in a ZB ?? that would be fun on plow day !!

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was told of factory photos and a brochure,thanks for the verification and all who took the time to answer. I was told that there were several made. I
just wanted some info now I got it. Thanks fellow
MM owners for the interest.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were they the same pictures that were in the MM Corresponder years ago? The prototype with the heavy up and down bar grille on it?

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NO, actual production ZB with Over-head valve engine, the give away is the vertical Muffler when you see the photos (if hood is on) there are photos both with hood on & off.

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The company my son works for was doing a old barn demolition couple months ago. They found a whole stack of parts catalogs in a old box. He showed them to the owner's widow and she said he could have them. Included is this MM parts catalog.
Is this the kind you're looking for? I don't know anything about old MM OHV engines. He might be interested in selling, I'd just have to ask to find out.

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Martin,
I never noticed that before in that picture. Thanks!
Do you know who owns that example?

Brian

MMZAck
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about over 130 brochures all in one place, including all variations of the ZT, ZA, ZB, 445, 4 Star, U302, etc. This is the best way to find info, specs and look at MM brochures. Check out the link below.

Zack
Over 130 MM Brochures For Sale

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: ZB sales brochers wanted Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you happen to have a picture of one you can share? Are they just a regular ZB with just a different hood?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters