Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID this plow?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH stamped on hubcap

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't have a clue. Sure looks interesting. Trying to figure how the flip-over mechanism works. Never seen anything like that.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same here.

It must pivot on the shaft, drive forward and the one set of bottoms pivot back and up, top set pivot down in front?

Those type of plows were never popular here, perhaps my ancestors were far too frugal to buy a plow that would only be 1/2 used at a time....

--->Paul

Ol' Gimpy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to be a #39 "Tumble Bug" plow.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never got beyond this horse drawn two way.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always marvel at these things. If I had been around in the day, I would have had something like it, as I hate dead, back, and furrows in general.
I'm wondering if the lift and flip mechanism are incorporated together? Possibly tripping the flip, and moving forward raises the plow?

Plowman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is IHC # 39 roll over Two-way plow.Plow rolls
over end over end. I have one. Steve

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks plowman, any idea on the year or what it's worth?

Plowman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were bulit from 1939 to 1961. Condition has alot to do with price. $400-$800 ? Plowman

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No 39 two way plow.'billions' made.that was the
prefered plow in the irrigated areas.I have one,use
on plow day.They usually dont bring much more than scrap price at sales.Save this one.Many are being scrapped these days,they are getting scarse.

MJ in the UK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Steve, here in my part of the UK we had 5 tumblebug ploughs working at our tractor club working day. They were 2 Molines, 2 Cases and one IH 39 like yours. This was near Retford Nottinghamshire. MJ

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would like to see a few of them at shows but there are none in this area, have never seen one, only seen one Deere several years back. Once in a great while you might see a Deere Model H with a 2 way mounted but that is it and they are few and far between. Would like for someone to bring one to RPRU at Lima this summer as it would be a drawing card here.

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a video of how it flips.
flip here

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: ID this plow? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's pretty cool...Mine's a little rough, can you still get parts for the bottoms?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.