Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Bay
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Classes we are having
Div 2- top cuts 15.5-38's 3mph speed limit
Div 2 plus 5mph speed limit 15.5's full cut
Div 3- 18.4-38's full cut 3.5 mph speed limit
Div 3 plus div 3 rules with 5 mph speed limit
We are looking to get more div 3 tractors and thought by adding a 5 mph class might help. Thanksgiving time at wauseon had lots of people that wanted a 5mph speed limit for div 3.

Gary Baker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, my thoughts on div 2 is 5 mph is not a div 2 tractors capabilities. They are using div 3+ tractors for this class. But I do like the faster speed for div 3 classes as an option. To many classes

Dirt Slinger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Div 3+ tractors are the ones that should be aloud to run 5 mile an hour. Thats a fun class to be in. Very competitive. If you have it they will come.

DAVE Thompson jr
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will be able to make that pull this year and think that 5mph classes for division 3 would be great. Most division 3 tractors that I pull against can run that class easy.

CLIFF S
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike I agree with Gary Division 2 should be just 3 mph and division 3 have 2 classes of 3.5 mph and 5 mph!

My disappointment at the NATPA pull weekend is on Friday the weight classes are not light enough for me to have a Class to pull! (3500 or less in div 3) But that's OK I know it won't be broke for a points pull Saturday!

Cliff S

Michael Bay
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i thought just making the 2 plus class they have now a div 3 plus but they decided to keep 2 plus for the others as well. i agree completely most div 2 tractors cant even run 5mph but have to keep all pullers happy.
On friday at thanksgiving time we have added a 3500 before at the pull. If people wanted to pull it we added it and normally quite a few people pulled in it. This past year we just had nobody asking for it so we didnt add it.

A.P.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Div 2+ at 5mph with 15.5 full cuts seems a bit high. 4 mph sounds like it would be better speed, but you have a better idea of the local existing tractors you are trying to attract.

Full Pull H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Maumee Valley Pullers 2013 Class Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, you should advertise all the weight classes you intend to run that day and not rely on pullers to ask for/run around before start of the pull. I can think of several tractors that are at the pull that would participate in a 3500 and am sure more would show up if printed on paper a head of time!

~ Dan Smith

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.