Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a paint quiz for Jason

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Which ones are factory paint matches, which are off the shelf Rustoleum?

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony the starter on the 40 looks really long on the nosecone say 3" instead of 2" doesn't look like it's gonna come off to easy when you need it to maybe it's just me?

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the starter that came with my 35, had to remove the distributor to get the starter out. Prompted me to buy a timing light.........can't believe I've gone this long without one.

I'm gonna go ahead and say they're all Rustoleum.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No fair! I won't tell you which have what paint until Jason takes a guess.
The only starter I could ever get out without atleast removing the dist cap was on the MF65. 'Usually' just let the cap hang, sometimes take the shaft out of the block yeah. Not my fault. Go ask the Continental people that designed it. I suppose.... if the starter is toast, pulling a clearly marked dist shaft is the least of your problems....
just think what you have to remove and disassemble when you need a starter in a modern car????

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The thing that is throwing me off is all of them have too much shine to be original Ferguson paint on most of them but the paint on the dash of the 35 and the paint on the headlights of the 35 looks original.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What a roundabout answer? You running for politics?
So I guess I will give the cigar to Inno. They are ALL rustoleum paints! Actually the red on the dash was swabbed over the original grey, and the lights... your guess is as good as mine, if they even came on the tractor. They were mounted in the middle of the hood when I bought it. Get them out of the way of some mounted tobacco implement- so I was told....

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many tractors do you have total? I guess I'm backwards..I had a seat like is on the one with the red stripe on the hood on my TO20. I took it off and threw it away and put an original pan seat on it. I rode a steel pan seat for so many years on that TO30 that it felt funny to ride on a padded seat.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many tractors??? I'm a politian too... so..'under the protection of the fifth amendment I must respectfully decline to answer that question without the presense of my attorney...'
Or to say like Bill Clinton...'well, depends on what the definition of tractor is-is'...
Canadian politics is sooooo much simpler....
I really lose count after ten... 12? So? 10 and a half? that really work.
Yeah, I kinda feel off balance on that sorta seat cover... but you got to remember... me, Inno, Matt.... we are all waaaaaay north of you...and a cold steel seat is much worse than a cushy warm cover that swivels around. I keep it in the house behind a radiator till I need it...

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very true. The red stripe around the Ford hood reminds me of sunside red from Rustoleum after a few years of fade. It does tend to turn orange.
The olive color on the 40(?) is Satin Fossil.
The best way to make it shine is to recoat with clear gloss.
the next "red" Rustoleum tractor might be Regal red.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't know Rustoleum made so many paint colours until I saw Tony's collection! Do I see a Ford-Ferguson wheel on that green belly? Must be from the Dr. Frankenstein cupboard of spare parts???? You got that heating working yet Tony? With all your snow melted it must be doing a real good job!
Sam

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The grey one in the first pic, with the loader on it, the hyd. filter canister is sideways so you couldn't replace the filter without losing a bunch of hyd. fluid. How come?

Tom in NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What about this mixed up TO-35 that I spotted at a truck garden farm when we visited Sonoma County, CA last summer? Johnny Ferguson?

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh yes Inno, you need an old pan under it when taking off the cap. Hardly a quart tho. Maybe 2 litres comes out. Not a replaceable filter, just a fine brass screen in there. Actually, any heavy crud can come out easier than a vertical one.
Sam, Rustoleum is magic! smoke grey, sunrise red, hunter green, almond, safey yellow, Massey metalic blue, all the good ones! They have a weathered bronze that is a poor match for later MF flint. That's the only dissapointment. Yes I have a couple 10x28 'tophat'? rims... I thought TO-20's came with these?
Actually the furnace is running worse now than ever. All has to do with outside temps. It is as cold as it has been in years lately, kinda 'Inno style' temps here. Most fuel oil is stored in basements over the years, I got one of the last outside/underground tanks, and the oil ain't what it used to be...
you'll have to pardon me now, I am too busy throwing up after seeing a green and yellow fergie...

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope, that just ain't right........... Mad

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: a paint quiz for Jason Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bruce explain where that Ford hood is you was talking about. Sorry but I did not see a Ford.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.