Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc bob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought this tractor (Case 1030, dsl, ck, 8-speed draft o matic, dual hydraulics, clutch on floor) at an auction in Nov. 2008. It had a dead battery but otherwise it seemed alright. When will I ever learn? Got the tractor home (I pulled this tractor about 50 miles on my flatbed trailer up and down some steep hills, sometimes in granny gear with my old 250 PU. What an idiot!) and hooked it up to my 20' batwing mower and discovered that the pto didn't work and neither did the hydraulics. I changed the hydraulic filter. No change. I put in a rebuilt hydraulic pump. No change. I tested the batwing mower by hooking up my Case 430 to it, revving it up (the tractor not the mower)and observing that it raised the wings. I put new hydraulic hoses and couplers on the 1030. No change. I called a Case IH dealer, and he told me that a rebuilt hydraulic control unit is high $$$. So, I'm in neutral right now waiting for some manuals from Case New Holland Document Center. Is it possible to rebuild the hyd control unit in my back yard or is the only option to hock my first born and buy a rebuilt unit?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you hooking the hoses up right?? Top left and right make a pair. Bottom left and right make a pair. On my 630 top and bottom on left side make a pair.

just thinkin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope this is not the problem,but. Does the pto turn without anything hooked to it? If it does most likely the clutch needs adjusted. The hydraulic may have a stuck valve. If the pto does not turn when engaged with nothing hooked to it there is a possibility that the drive shaft from the engine is broken or not in the tractor. I have seen them put together after a drive clutch replacement and the drive gear left off of the flywheel. Make sure you have power to the back

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my guess is that if neither the pto or hydraulics work you have something mechanically failed inside the tractor, (stripped splines maybe) as the hyd pump is driven off off the shaft that runs the pto, the pto is mechanical and does not require hydraulic pressure to operate,2-way hoses get hooked side to side and not one side or the other

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With the engine idling carefully and slowly crack the outlet pipe fitting on hydraulic pump loose, it should begin leaking oil out indicating the pump is turning. If it does not you could have a problem as Doug has mentioned. If it does pump oil out, there could be control valve or coupler issues. A pressure test would point you in the right direction. If the hyd pump is turning the PTO input is also turning indicating a mechanical problem, perhaps a simple clutch adjustment, but more than likely the PTO unit will need removal and inspection. Rod.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked on a neighbors 930ck once that had lost scv function, the stem (or whatever you call it)in the relief valve had broken off

Lazy WP
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you are located, but I would be interested in buying it if you are frustrated to the point of getting rid of it.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kinda hard to help with the problem if there is no feedback. Does the pto lever snap over center when pulled up or just loose feeling? Could be the brass collar has worn thru. If the pump is turning it will feel warm to the touch after running a few minutes.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 1030 is like a 930. if you have an IT service manual you can fix anything on the tractor.

I assume You DO NOT have 3 PT either?

It sounds like a coupling problem inside the tractor since you dont have PTO.

Pulling the back plate off the tractor is not that big of a deal.

It will require a good breaker bar set and a floor jack and an over head hoist or engine crane.

If you decide to tackle the job I'm sure people here will help you through it.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I forgot to add with the tractor running place your hand on the hydraulic pump and see if you can feel the pump running. It should vibrate and whine slightly.

If not then the coupling at either the PTO end or Clutch end is stripped.

Just my 2cents

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don"t know that I can add any other suggestions, but sure would appreciate if you would tell us what you find out. We lost PTO and hydraulics on our 1070 this spring and it was a splined coupler that failed. Not a bad fix. Don

doc bob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Don. It would be great if the problem turns out to be a simple fix! but knowing how my luck runs I have a feeling that it's not going to be. Stay tuned.

doc bob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks brokengun. Hey all the 2 cents add up! Keep it coming. I need all the help I can get and then some. If I don't get this tractor fixed soon (I'm 76), I'm going to be dead and gone and my daughters will just sell it as is and that would be a shame.

doc bob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Casecollectorsc, thanks for your advice. I'm going out to the barn in the morning and check how the pump feels. Is the brass collar on the pto?

doc bob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 1030 Hydraulic Control Unit Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in Kentucky. Half of me tells me to get rid of it, and the other half says get it fixed. I have already spent a ton of (borrowed)$ on it!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.