Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Deere 420 on ebay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deeres on the farm
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is anybody watching the 420w on ebay. Over $7000 for a tractor that looks like junk. No drawbar, wrong steering wheel, Bondo on the nose, no emblem on the front, mismatched rear tires, steering arms welded, no power adjust wheels, no power steering. What am I missing on why it is bring 3x's what it is worth? In the past week, there has been much rarer tractors sell on ebay for much less

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it the propane one? There was also a 430w on there that brought 6550, and the reserve wasn't met! Looked like a nice tractor, but nothing special about it.

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Something about green and yellow paint, people think it is gold. I'm fond of John Deere, but not as fond as some people that have deep pockets.
One thing to consider on Ebay there is a lot of the owners bidding on their own stuff to get the price up.
Buyer beware:

bill mart
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heres the auction. Bill
ebay link

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The tractor that is shown on the ebay link doesn't look like the one that has been described as a piece of junk.
Whats up?

igotanouthouse

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The owner is probably bidding it up, he has several user names on ebay, he goes back factoryfarmer here on ytmag. Hes always asking what something is worth on here then you see what hes asking about on ebay.

bill mart
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the no nose emblem and the welded steering arm and mismatched tires match the description.How can it be no reserve and have him make the statement "if I dont get want I want for it I will knock it in the head and part it out. " Bill

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's in the picture ads now for $6500.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

igotanouthouse wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:16:19 01/27/13) The owner is probably bidding it up, he has several user names on ebay, he goes back factoryfarmer here on ytmag. Hes always asking what something is worth on here then you see what hes asking about on ebay.

Care to tell me what other usernames I have on ebay? I'd like to know if someone is trying to impersonate me so I can report them to ebay.

I have one account, 2-cylinders.

Look at my feedback, when you have a track record like me people are willing to pay a little more for a tractor that they know will be good. I did not talk the tractor up a bit in the description. I described it as I see it and thats it, no sugar coating.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bill mart wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:38:47 01/27/13) the no nose emblem and the welded steering arm and mismatched tires match the description.How can it be no reserve and have him make the statement "if I dont get want I want for it I will knock it in the head and part it out. " Bill

Bill, I have been known to end the auction a day early and do that if someone needs the parts. It seemed to be going pretty well so I let it go.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MSD wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:39:57 01/28/13) It's in the picture ads now for $6500.

I contacted the winning bidder and his exact words were: "Oh, I bought another one so I don't need your tractor any more."

I'm so sick of ebay, everyone thinks that when you bid it means you have no obligation of buying the actual item. I've sold alot more tractors locally through craigslist and local ads than I have on ebay. It's been a while since I sold a tractor on ebay and it seems to be business as usual.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone gets bent out of shape when they see me buy and sell tractors and parts. I'm straightforward with everyone I sell to and they are always happy when they leave.

I am 22 years old and can't really afford to just restore tractors. With buying and selling tractors it lets me afford to actually do a nut and bolt restoration on a tractor properly to keep without dipping into other funds. I guess if I was rich I could just restore all the tractors I wanted and wouldn't have to jack around with all of this buying and selling stuff.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know what the market its, I was hoping for around 4500 or so. I can't control how people bid.

MikeinKy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 420 on ebay Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought it was kind of high considering no drawbar, wrong steering wheel, and no front emblem.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.