Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Case Hytran or JD Hygard

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm thinking about converting my Case's to JD Hygard. I know of one poster here that has already done so. Hygard is $2.00/gal cheaper and I have no doubts in regard to it's quality as it specs. the same as Hytran. We always ran universal in the Olivers and this way I could use one oil in everything, furthermore I am getting tired of getting hosed by the friggin Italians.

Bermuda Ken
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a new formulation of Hytran Ultra coming out. It will be announced in February.

Hytran and Hygard are similar...yet different. Hytran has the capability to absorb and hold water, Hygard does not.

With the issues that water creates in equipement,(old or new) why would anyone want to use Hygard???

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not take it a step further and find a reputable oil supplier and get a hyd/tran fluid labeled/spec'd to meet them all, and use it in everything?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doug,
This is OT to your post, but did you notice that you and I are guest posters now? Doesent make much diff., but I thought it was odd. I brought it to Chris's att. last night, but no reply yet.
Loren

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Doug!! I thought we was pal's? "Friggin Italian" sounds like a blanket term. I'm a Red Blooded American, but proud of my Italian heritage. Say it ain't so!!

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey neighbor. This is O/T too. I saw your repsonse on the Fiat dozer. Is there anything you haven't done/run? You must never sleep.
I'm fortunate in that I don't like to make a mess of my dozer, and don't have to. It didn't take long to pay for itself. It is impossible to get anyone to do small jobs around the farm.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL ,John ,, Hope my Sara dont see that post ..i suppose using hi / tran in a 4020 deere is legal ,,i like bob bancrft idea of gettingg a oil that meets and or exceeds all requirements.. just figured out this winter that the 930 BEAST has a lot of 90 weight in the tranny .gonna change that out and put in hy gard ..

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around here the farm stores carry a "Midstates Reccomends for CASEIH" oil. I think Citgo makes it. It looks like Hytran, smells like Hytran and lasts like Hytran! I seem to get 2 years out of it before it starts getting funky.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

then go over to Italy and set your relatives at Fiat straight!

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim: In all gear tranny's such as the 930, I actually add about 1Qt 85W140 to 3Qt's of the thin stuff. Been doing it for years. In the very cold, the hyd's will be slow.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doug: I do have relatives over there, scratching dirt like you & I. Complaining like you & I.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To be honst with you I have never registered, despite a few restrictions I have never seen the reason to do so.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John, I'll have to try that, noticed the 1030 trans gets hot with summer baling and plowing.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

do any of them work for fiat?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Case Hytran or JD Hygard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know hytran has some water carrying ability, can't believe hygard wouldn't,water is the one thing that will cause the glue used to bond pto,brake and power shift disks to fail, Dad always used Universal which was basically JD 303 in his 970 and never had a problem in 20 years, neighbors have always used Cenex quicklift in theirs and have never had a problem

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.