Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What manuals should i buy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George The Well Driller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello! I just bought a 1970 4110 LCG with 8 speed gas. 1242 hours on it. Nice shape. What manuals should i buy besides the IT FO-31. I plan on keeping the tractor for a long time and do most all of my own work on my tractors. I rebuilt a 1949 8n last fall with the help of a IT-FO-4 manual and reading the forums. Thank you for your past knowledge that i used from the forums.I am old school! George in Vermont

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd get an owners manual to go along with the FO-31. Good luck with the tractor... and post pics if you can!

George The Well Driller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you sir! I will get that manual. Its been 0 to -15 for the past week here so it will be a bit before i start draining all oils and replacing all filters. I will post pictures as soon as i can. George in Vermont

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 2110, George. Lots of similarities. Welcome aboard.

I have a copy of the ford service book. I can get you the manual number. Much more in depth than the IT book. Having both is the right answer. They overlap in content.

John

George The Well Driller

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Hogleg! I ordered an operators manual from Ebay last night. The service manual is going to be my next manual. If you have the number that would be great! Cannot wait to play with my new [old] toy.It has a mid mounted sickle bar mower that i am taking off.I am going to use this tractor for brush hogging steep hills in vermont. I have brush hogged these hills for years with various tractors. I am going to chain the 18.4 x16.1 turf tires up.I have heard great things about the 201 gas engines.I hope to post pictures soon.5ft brush hog is all i will use. I am going to try and run a 2 bottom plow for my garden. Thanks again George in Vermont

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What manuals should i buy? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi George,

I mis-spoke. What I have is Ford Operators Manual for All Purpose and LCG Tractors 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000. On the back it says SE 3225A. Probably the same as you ordered. Has to be the most comprehensive tractor manual I have ever seen.

Here is a pic of my tractor in original tires -

John

Last edited by Hogleg on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.