Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

original WD45 muffler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guyzoo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, is there still a place i could buy an original muffler for my WD-45 Thanks

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few years back they were about $90 at Agco. I believe Walker has one, recently priced around $70 from my supplier. I don't know how original it is. I have seen others on here claim better prices.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is "Original" it will have "Nelson" stamped on the muffler and be a straight-thru open pipe through the center..
I heard NAPA should have them..?

Ron

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No more Nelsons unless you happen across one that is old stock. Walker makes one that is head and shoulders better than a Stanley. Best price I know of is at Rock Auto $56 last time I looked. Search for them and punch in part # 22043

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got my curiosity up. So I just went out and looked at my $90 muffler. Maybe there are NO "originals" anymore! It has nothing stamped into it. When I bought it from Agco all I could find aftermarket was the multi-piece-WD-one-kit-fits-all. The Agco one was 3 times the price of the aftermarket. I told them if it was original style, I would buy it. I wasn't concerned with the lettering, and never noticed!

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really, all that matters is if it has that Original "Sweet" sound of the Original...!
Let us know if it does..!
I am looking, myself..

Ron..

JimIA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to an AGCO dealer and order a 70229531V. This is the good muffler. Our price on them is $122. They keep getting a little higher each year but the engine will run better, sound better and this muffler will out last three of the Stanley ones which sound terrible and burn the paint off in three hours of use.

Jim

DarrelB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try http://www.tonystractors.com
I searched a long time to find a decent muffler for my WD. I orderded one from tony-was very satisfied. It is modified to mount like a Walker.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As far as I can tell the sound is original. I spent the summers of my youth driving baler on one. The extra speeds of the D17 would have been beneficial. All the neighbors had traded up right away. My family didn't!

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The problem is the muffler is one of the things that many think is the same, and universal kits are sold. But the WD vs WD45 mufflers are different.

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Nelson about 3 or 4 years ago from a JD dealer who got it thru I&T.It was about $ 180. I almost crapped myself as they gave me a lower price on the phone.It had a small dent on the part that sticks below the hood so I got it for $ 90.00.

Vito

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OH-Yea...with the WD-45 in 3rd, that JD 116W would really spit out the bales..!!!
Dad liked one every 5-6 strokes of the plunger, or about 9-10 70# bales per minute..!!!
Never seen another small baler that could eat hay like that..!

Ron..

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: original WD45 muffler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OH-Yea...with the WD-45 in 3rd, that JD 116W would really spit out the bales..!!!
Dad liked one every 5-6 strokes of the plunger, or about 9-10 70# bales per minute..!!!
Never seen another small baler that could eat hay like that..!

Ron..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.