Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whats an average price on a 1950 Case DC-4...Engine is free but not running..All 4 tires hold air and have no breaks....

Left rim has a little calcium damage but very useable..Exhaust elbow is in 3 pieces in tool box...I see reproduction ones on ebay..Hand crank is slightly bent...Air cleaner pipe has a little dent..Gasket is missing between carb and air intake..All in all a pretty straight tractor..

Determined
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anywhere from 100.00-1500.00 depending on condition and the crowd at the auction.
paid 600.00 for one with hydraulics a few years ago and drove it home.

Glenn F.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As you already know, it'd sell easier and be worth more if it were running, without replacing the exhaust elbow or anything. Please don't "give" that sweet piece of history away. They are work horses. We've still got the '51 Dad bought new: ready to go to work the second she's asked!

Glenn

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

She's a pretty complete ol'e gal, right down to the Hyd. Couplings. A Genuine CASE Magneto would easily add $100. Not knowing anymore, I'd say she's easily worth $800.

1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy it..

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $750 for a non-runner. Watched an excellent foot clutch DC4 go for $950 because the owner couldn't get it started right before it sold. New owner jumped on and it started right up. Saved him about $500 I'm guessing. Don

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Baine that DC 4 dolled up nice in work clothes2 grand ,and is a bargain below a thousand , not runnin makes me look at water issues , check drain on engine and tranny too ,, if nuthin stuck , then what begs question how worn out the motor is ,wisht i could lookit over with you and help ,but i know you are better judge than me ,if it was down the road i would buy it too,

1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bad thing about this tractor is that its sitting in a salvage yard..They dont care whether it runs or not...If I got it running for them they would want more money... Its only 25 miles from me..

Ron Sa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Pics-Opinion On Case DC-4 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check and see if it is holding antifreeze. That tends to mean no rust flakes to deal with and the water pump is okay. Loosen the oil drain carefully until something drips. If no antifreeze drips-- if the engine will turn with the crank, if the above checks out, its worth $1500.

Other pluses include decent fenders,-- no cracked block behind the intake manifold--good paint--a wide front--useable tires--hydraulics.

If the cooling system is not holding and shows flakes in the top, cut the price to a grand.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.