Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for vas fenders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jllw
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

im looking for a needle in a hay stack i need a set of vas fenders can anyone help

connor9988
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are they different from VA/VAC clamshell fenders?

s,mac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes VAS fenders are different than VAC.VAS fenders much shorter.Steve.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also need a set but I'm going to try making them from regular VAC fenders.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hi jonathon ...Bet nik ky has some ,, but he probably needs them ,/if he can help you with a set ,, we can arrange transit during farm show , , neighbor d . Watson is nearby nik about once a week,... you mite try ruscha ,, Thad mite have a vas out back ,,

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Nick only has the one VAS. You might want to find VACLee, he has several parts tractors but when I bought my VAS from him a few years ago he didn't have any decent ones either but sent some rotten ones with. If you can wait I'll make mine and see how hard it is.

GlennMc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you find someone to make these,I would defnately be interested in a set.I have one good enough for a pattern. Glenn McMunn 618=201 =7804

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you asked Fred Goodrich? He posts on here regularly, just do a search for his name.

uggie1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can make a set from VAC fenders. It takes a litlle while. They are the exact clam shell shape. The only thing you really have to do is rotate the fender forward and cut a straight line across the bottom. On the back side al you to do is measure the height of the foot plate flange and then have to cut the reinforcing ribs off to fit above the foot plate flange. The only real difference is the original didn't have ribs on the in side of the fender and the approx 3" piece of tin all across the bottom of the fender which caused it to rust out. There is roll wire on the outer edge of the fender which will have to be knotched ro fit over the foot plate flange. I have made 5 sets of these so far and they look and wook out just great. Finding a real set would be almost impossible to find. Good luck if you have question I maight be able to take some photos to show everyone what I did. Jim Yadon

GlennMc
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for vas fenders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

please post some photos

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.