Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OEM tractor parts

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmagee
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know there has been posts on here in the last 6 months on the status and delivery times for OEM.

Has anyone had any dealings as of late?

I ordered some parts (gauges) a month ago and they say they are still waiting on the oil guage. No idea when they will recieve from the supplier.

In fact, no real friendly or helpful which is not like them. I have had good luck in the past.

Just curious about recent dealings or if anyone has any information.

Thanks

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are talking about dealing with the CaseIH dealer I've gotten the feeling that us guys with older equipment are not really welcome there. They would rather sell accessories for a new tractor than parts for an old one. I'm running a 1206, an old IH haybine and a older CaseIH round baler that they could sell me parts for if they acted better. Heck I can go anyplace and get treated like that. I don't run a bill and pay up front with cash so it isn't that I'm a dead beat.

Rick

Cue P.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Non massed produced items are usually done when there are enough orders to justify making something so that could account for the delay. That being said, unfriendly service is not good for business. I dealt with OEM in the past and had good luck but havent had to buy anything lately.

F-Dean
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A year or so ago the owner was killed loading or unloading a tractor. His widow has been trying to keep things going. Sounds like they may be having problems. I have not been there for about a year.

Mark Poss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just bought a pair of brake latchs on 12-31-12 and received them last week.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ordered a water, amp, and oil pressure gauge set for my SM last spring among other things. Got most of it after a long delay, still have not recieved the oil gauge. There are more things that I want, but am hesitant to order them due to the service that used to be good. The widow is obviously having a hard time running the place.

gold1456
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I placed a order for a battery box for a 400 and some other things came in like 4 days i was happy with them.

William Eccles - Jardine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I researched parts in December for a tractor I am working on. I was
satisfied with the information and the person who was my contact.
Wm.

MisterT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are many sources for the reproduction IH gauges, and believe it or not, those gauges all come from the same place, and the majority of the aftermarket sellers have those gauges in stock, ready to be delivered to you in 3 days or less.

JJ in NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess I operate different than a lot of people, I usaully orger parts before I start working on that part of the project. I have dealt with OEM over the years and I think that the quality I have received is usaully worth the wait. I ordered a seat pivot bolt/bushing set up back in November and got it here the first part of the month. In the mean time I aquired another aftermarket seat pivot from another supplier here locally . The part would work but it was not like the original MTA pivot . Overall I have had good luck with them in the last 5-6 years. I have had more trouble getting parts from my local Case-Ih dealer getting parts for older equipment.
Not to drag this on, one that sticks in my mind is I ordered the good oval muffler for my 756 diesel. It took three months to get it . By the time I got it I was awful tired of the straight pipe . I think you can have trouble anywhere you go.
Jeff

Cue P.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure thats entirely true. There are knock-off repro guages avail from just about anywhere but from what i understood OEM's were from the original gauge maker who still produces them (as i said below, probably when there is enough of a demand to do a production run).

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try my guy Lawrence at Farm Country (920) 231-6623

CenTex Farmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also the problem is finding a boy at the counter that knows what tractor you are talking about. You mention a 400 and get a blank stare. I almost feel like I'm at the auto parts store.

rhtx55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The original owner is no longer with us, his widow & family are carrying on the business. They state on their website some parts are manufactured by order only and are not stocked due to availability.
I have known & dealt with them since he was working out of his garage, you can't beat their quality. I would give her a call, I am sure they can give you some info on your order.

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: OEM tractor parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rhtx55 wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:25:13 01/29/13) The original owner is no longer with us, his widow & family are carrying on the business. They state on their website some parts are manufactured by order only and are not stocked due to availability.
I have known & dealt with them since he was working out of his garage, you can't beat their quality. I would give her a call, I am sure they can give you some info on your order.

Their gauges are just as wrong as everybody elses.

IMO they should really let you know when it is going to be months before you get your order. OR they should give you the option of doing the order in two shipments. (Preferably with reduced shipping since it isn't my fault they don't carry inventory) A little communication on their part would go a long way. I understand the owner died, but it is about time they come up with a successful business transition plan. It has been YEARS since he died. Yes, I know others in the company have died as well. They need to get their act together to run a succesful business.

Last edited by sflem849 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.