Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 460 Farmall rewire .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh how i love barnyard wire repair . Talk about a rats nest and the use of wire nuts with bare wire exposed everywhere. No balist resistor no fuse or curcit braker anywhere wrong generator . Any and all types of wire used from and old extension cord to 14 2 with ground . and what is under the dash ya would not believe if i told ya. I need to restock on my wire supplys as i did not know i was low or out of some of the correct colors so i had to use other colors as i was out of 10 Ga. gray and not enough of a couple other colors . I need a new amp gauge a resistor and light switch And i set the farmer after that so they should all be there this afternoon . My new Ft T/A seal protector sleeve worked out super great . Might just have to start maken them and selling them. Slip it over the splines on the hub of the T/A unit smear some grease on it and just slide the T/A in with out cutting or rolling the lip on the input seal .

d282
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been there and done that as well. It is amazing of what some people can come up with. I would be interested in purchasing your new seal installer. Good luck finishing up the old 460!

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One thing about a wiring job like that. Few people come along and tell you how to do it . They just shake their heads and walk away.

IlliniJohn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rather than selling your seal lip protector, and since you're "catching up" on the opportunities - - How 'bout bringing your splitting stands and the seal lip protector with you on your upcoming trip to Missouri and stop off at my place - -replace TA & clutch in my SMTA?

I'll treat you to Kruser's favorite "Horseshoe" dinner and provide the C/R - -such a deal, eh??? {Smile

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well if your not in a big hurry as the trip will probably be towards the end of may first part of june when i go out for a couple weeks . as the way i go out is the OLD back roads i run US 30 out to 224 to US 24 and either i will run 24 all the way or run down In. 25to 26 over into Ill ( and catch 57 down to 136 over to 24 down to Quincy and hope the creek then over to 6 in mo.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well today i plum LOST it as everything under the dash was JUNK key switch starter button light switch fuse holder , they are all now in the trash can and the farmer has a parts run to make in the morning . And i will have my machinist make up a couple more along with the seal drivers ., now how fast he will get these done ???????? as ya never know with him.

d282
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I sure hope the farmer realizes what it takes to clean up a mess like that!

IlliniJohn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My 460 Farmall rewire . Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No Problem - no hurry!!
I"m just a short ways north of where US 24 crosses the Illinois river going into Peoria,IL, where you probably wound through town to head to Quincy, IL, to cross the really big ditch.
You"re welcome to visit/park your rig whether we work on something or not.

Take care!
John

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.