Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

size of gas stream at carburetor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: size of gas stream at carburetor? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a "stream" of gas about the size of a toothpick at the inlet to the carb on a 620. That seems too small to me.

The tractor isn't running right. Like possibly short of gas. The small plug under the tank on the side of the sediment bowl unit flows freely. That plug is ahead of the oil pressure gas control valve, so I think that oil pressure unit is either partially plugged or bad. It's my next area of attack.

ideas?? thanks.

steve_in_mo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: size of gas stream at carburetor? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The size of a pencil is they way it is usually described, although more colorful words have been used to describe that stream.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: size of gas stream at carburetor? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the stream increase in size, when you hold the top Button down..??
I Eliminated the use of the oil-pressure line (Soldered the fitting closed), to make sure I never have a crankcase full of fuel..
I just put a wedge over that top Button and all is good and well..
I do also have a Manual gas shut-off valve..

Ron..

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: size of gas stream at carburetor? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The stream size IS with the top button held down.
I have the auto shut-off valve apart and am replacing all the "kit" parts. Hopefully that will make it work better.

The carb was due for a cleaning also and is getting cleaned.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: size of gas stream at carburetor? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rebuilt or not, I would use a metal, mechanical shut-off, too..but, that will not insure no gas can flow toward the Crankcase..
That, being the reason I blocked the oil line at the fitting to the auto-shutoff...
Maybe you could put a Check-valve in-line, to prevent reverse flow in that oil line..??
Would definitely be an improvement..!

Ron.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.