Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NOS Ford Hood Medallion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jethro Lilley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cleaning out a barn I found a NOS hood "emblem, one piece" NIB part #311231. It is 5 1/2 inches in diameter and I don't have a clue what it fits or what it is worth. It looks like a headlight lens with a black border, a 3" Ford logo/gold shield with a wheat stalk over a red field/silver sky . Looks late 50's early 60's vintage. What does it fit? Does anyone need one? The former owner of this barn had a 601 or so (it was red/white) and he also left a blue Ford disc harrow Series J ser #I7589. I can use the disc but have no use for the emblem. Would like to know a little about the disc, as it has undulating lower links to the 3 pt hitch unlike anything I have seen. Thanks.

Jethro Lilley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is the nearest picture I could find. Mine is 5 1/2" diameter with a 1/4" black border around the outside. First time doing a photo, hope it works.

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you've got an emblem for a 1957-1962 "01" series. See John Smith's wonderful "Identifying Old Ford Tractors" web page by Clicking Here

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That disk has Ford's Flex-o-hitch. Those are nice disks. Allows the both front and back gangs to follow the ground when it's uneven - keeps you from having one gang in the air.

Jethro Lilley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Makes good sense to me... our 3 pt was a Ferguson. Real POS. Our tandem disks were IHC. This looks like a real good disk. Got to cut some trees away from it and drag it out. Hope parts are still available. Box bearings look good from the outside.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would be interested in the emblem. Email is open.

Harold

Texas1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yours with a black border is a 601/701 emblem. The one in your photo (without the black border) is a 801/901 emblem.

GT65
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jethro,
Don't give it away! I recently bought a reproduction emblem for my 1841 and it was $75 for that.If yours is in good shape and original you should be able to get 1 1/2 to 2X($100 to $150).that of a repro!
There are some guys that want only original parts when they restore a tractor. They wont(is that even a word) use "repro" parts.
GT65

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't count on getting much of anything for it from a NH dealer. Shoup's will have some parts - blades, at least. They can custom-make shafts for it (or any disk, as long as you can give them dimensions). Not sure about bearings.

Jethro Lilley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, GT. This one is pristine and still in the blue box. I am mostly on the JD forum with my antique green stuff. Thought I might put it on e-bay, but figured intead that I would give the Ford guys here on YT a first shot if anyone needs it.

Jethro Lilley
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First I have to cut it out of the bushes. At least he piled junk on top of it and the blue paint is good. Agri Supply or Tractor Supply should have blades. Don't know the size of the shaft, 1" or 1 1/8."
I know where a JD disk is that I can "borrow" blades from, if they fit. As long as the insides of the bearings are as good as the outside, I'll be in good shape. The disk looks great and I am excited to get it out of the woods and into the shop. By the way... is there an on-line lookup for Ford parts? Not sure NH cares a whit about old Ford stuff. Be nice to see some specs.

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: NOS Ford Hood Medallion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, the New Holland parts lookup site still carries parts diagrams for all of the old Ford tractors going back to the 1953-1954 NAA, as well as most implements. I thought that they used to go back to the 9N/2N/8N as well, but I just checked and those model numbers don't come back with anything in the model search.

They just changed the parts lookup site recently. Here's the link:

1939http://partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::home

The site has been intermittent as to availability over the past several days.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.