Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL..Picked up a 49 VAC today, resplendant with mounted plows, cultivators and a Detroit International mower. She's got "new" dry-rotted tires on the back, though the rims are pretty good. New, un-rotted tires on the front, though they don't match. Fairly good rims, though. The old gal is pretty straight, over all. Supposed story is a "one-owner" who died, sold with the farm, new owner attempted a restoration, got tired of looking at it, sold it to a buddy of mine, he listed it on Craigslist, I saw it, dragged it homke. A veritable "love at first sight" story. Motor was stuck when I went to look at it, but the oil looked good. Has some options on it I like. (foot throttle, headlights, belt pulley{even has the original cap to cover the nut when you pull the pulley off} Came with an extra cylinder for the 2 point lift, a battery box, and a new steering wheel. It's a nearly-unmolested all original example of a VAC

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, yeah..I pulled the plug cover off, pulled the plugs all out, poured a little diesel fuel in each cylinder, and it fred up in 20 minutes. I'll let it set for a while, anyhow, and then try the starter out on it. I don't think it's ever been apart, so I don't expect it to run like a new one. I do believe it will run, though.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cool! I have a mower like that one, but only some cultivator parts. The plow that dad got with the VAC is a pull type 2-bottom Centennial.

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any idea what the plow is called? Never seen one like it.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GREAT FIND Tim!!!!! I have rear rims and I think a extra mower like that let me know if i can help cnt

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried turning the input shaft on the mower and it seemed like it wanted to turn the mower shaft, but I didn't bother laying it over to see if the blade was free. I got 2 extra plow points and two extra mower blades with it. Are the headlights mounted in the proper location? I think the cultivators are complete, but they sat in the dirt for 20/30 years, so they're pretty rusted up. Hopefully nothing a good soak in oile won't cure.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the lights look correct for that year of tractor

casenut1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i believe they call that a two-way plow. that way you just turn around and drop the opposite bottom.

WVCase415149
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congrats on the new toy Tim, Larry called me a while back about that tractor, wanted me to come look at it, but I was in Mobile heading to Milton, Florida and actually forgot it, glad to see someone get it that will enjoy it. Now, get it running, and bring it to the show in August....

Jim

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry told me you were supposed to come look at it, Jim. I was wondering why you had'nt. It's not in bad shape, but I wish I'd got to it before the tires started cracking! I believe she'll be running soon. I'm gonna see Larry again today and pick up some more pieces to it. (small pieces)

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks! I was wondering what the correct name is.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great find Tim,there is still a few around

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It"s a 2-way plow, but I don"t know what the model number is? I had a neighbor in Fayette County, WV that had a set of those plows on his VAC. I never saw them in operation,though. I have a set of 2-way plows on a Farmall Super C. I spent a lot of hours operating one of those mowers. It will mow in 3rd. gear, if the knife is nice and sharp. Is it a 6ft. or 7ft. cutter bar?

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m pretty sure it's a 6' bar. All I need now is a gouple more VAC's to mount the cultivators and mower on. It looks like a pain in the rear-midsection to change the implements out.

C.Amick
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: 65 Degrees today and I caught the fever..(again) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The mower is still on dad's old VAC. He added a homemade drawbar extension so he could still pull a hay rake, trailer, etc. without having to remove the mower.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.