Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farmall H

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old weldor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Farmall H Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went and looked at an h today,it has a mounted IH sickle mower.it hasn't run in years,setting outside but the exhaust has been covered. Don't know if it's stuck.it has an early style seat with the tool box underneath,but doesn't have the trough platform. No serial tag and I didn't have anything to clean off the number on the motor.it has a pressure type radiator. My question is,how long did they use the old style seat,as it looks like its been on there forever? Thanks in advance.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The curved pipe seat was standard through some time in the mid 40s, I do not remember the year. The Monroe seat with the shock and the conical spring was an option prior to that and then became standard. There is a good chance that the seat is not original to the tractor. I had one on my 49 H for a while because it was better than the welded up mess that came on it.
Zach

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seats can be "special" to a farmer, and changed to satisfy the posterior. Casting codes are far more accurate as well as the serial# from the engine (if original)
It sounds like a 500$ tractor if stuck, and 850 tractor if it turns. Jim

Old weldor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I think I can buy this tractor for $2 to 3 hundred.

Jason the Red
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall H Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Janicholson is spot on with his info. Casting codes and serial # will tell you all you need to know. Scrap price is the minimum value, then add value of add-on features to establish an idea of actual value.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.