Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An old fashion What is it ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What does this fit? Has OLD ABE all over it, in the castings. And was green when new.
Don L.

Big Fat Herb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Belt tightener ?

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is 2 feet long and weighs 15 lbs.
Don L.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, looks like a blower idler/tightener from a thresher

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is the up and down arm that adjusts the whatumcallit that lays under that there spinning thing that the crop passes through. The set screw dropes into holes on a bar, and the hand screw locks it into place. I hope this clarifies your question, HeHe.
Clueless in NY

Ken Jentges
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don when I saw old fashion, I was expecting to see something in a glass! You know how things are here in Wisconsin.

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's it's ah muffler-bearing off a water-fired whatda engine from the 1640's I think??? they where built in NY. hee hee, Just my 11 cents worth.

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the laugh!
Don L.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it a wire spool holder for a check row planter?

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well. ...truth be known....I don;t know what it is either. I am on the same train of thought you folks.
Dang !
Don L.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep ,, fits a thresher ,sheller . perhaps a baler,,could be a clutching mechanism ritwe off power source

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes ,I agree the guys about this being a flat belt tightner on a Case threshing machine. I think dads thresher had it on the left side of the machine. clint

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: An old fashion What is it ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No wonder water fired was soooooooo quiet! Maybe I will put on the LA with a 4-71 Detroit.
Don L.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.