Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oliver 77 orchard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick m

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know where my grandpas old 77 orchard sits and i contemplating trying to buy it. The problem is it's ready for the scrap yard. What sheet metal is left is junk, the engine is in pieces, rims and everything else, shot. I would guess I could come up with everything I need except sheet metal. Is it possible to get reproduction metal for these? How many of these did they make? My last problem is how do I get this guy to sell it? He's one of those guys that won't sell anything, even though its sat in a fence row for 25 years .

Nick m

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointers. I know this guy, not well but i do know him. He also knows it was my grandpas tractor. He bought it from him sometime in the 70's. He is one of those guys that buys a tractor, uses it until it breaks, parks it, and buys another one. Then he won't sell any of the junk ones. I bet he has 8-10 farmalls sitting around he won't part with. I'm gonna stop by in the next couple weeks and try it though. The worst he can say is no.

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bob brought up some good points but i have to say do what ever you can to get that 77 orchard. those are some rare pieces these days and it does have some sentimental value to it to.

gordey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The new sheet metal will run close to 5 grand, there are lots of parts unique to the orchard that would be very hard to find. But if you have the money, time and skill, it is a very worth while project.

Nick m

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't really have any time, money or skill. I think I might try it anyway. Smile

Eric The Red
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted awhile back about my Great Grandfather's tractor that had the rear end seize up in the early 70's and sat in the fence row. My parents tried to buy it from my grandfather and he would not part with it. My mom bought it at the estate sale in 1990 and just had it restored as it had been a dream of hers to have done. A driving force was that her brothers said at the auction you will never see that run which I guess is right as they have passed away. If you can get it and do not have the money to restore it but a place to store it then try and get it. Life circumstances can change and you might have the money some day.

scadam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: oliver 77 orchard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will the reproduction sheet metal bring value down any? I can get my hands on a 77 orchard myself but just dont wanna sink a fortune in one and not be able to get my money back if i decided to sell it one day

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.