Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

95 combine

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeere720diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wondering if looking at pictures if one could tell if it had a quick tach throat if the one I'd like to be able to look at doesn't how hard are they to come with here in the Midwest and what they go for? Thanks for the info also what would a 68 that's been under roof with platform that hasn't ran for 10yrs but is loose be worth

Here's a picture

Last edited by johndeere720diesel on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
coonie minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is very difficult to tell from that shot... 1st guess is "maybe" to "no".

Do you have any closer up of the head/ feederhouse?

johndeere720diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the only close up of the feederhouse that's in the as

coonie minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, judging from the head, I'd say it is not a quick tach. You need a shot of where the throat attatches to the feederhouse to really tell, though. Does it come with a corn head?

johndeere720diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No mention of one so that's why I'm wondering how hard it will be to find one if no quick tach will have to call tomorrow and see what the deal is

Cooney Minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 435W in the shed I'd like to get rid of. it would fit that 95, but right now has 105 mounts.

Cooney Minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 435W in the shed I'd like to get rid of. it would fit that 95, but right now has 105 mounts.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking at your pics,I doubt you have a quick tach feederhouse.They are fairly rare for a 95.As to value sad to say but scrap price is about all it is worth.I bought a sharp 95 gas that runs perfect off Ebay 4 years ago for $1000.I also bought a 55 corn special in perfect condition for the same price.$1500-2000 should buy you a good running machine.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I remember right, the feeder house that's kind of quick tach but only works on other platforms from that time frame has a hood over the lower feeder chain drum. The real McCoy intermediate quick tach feeder house has a flat face where it mates to the head and the drive shaft out the bottom side attaches to the header shaft with a double chain coupling. Jim

johndeere720diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located if I do buy this I'll need a corn head

Cooney Minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "real mccoy" also has the rounded hood over the feederhouse drum- or at least mine does. Hard to see in the picture if it has this or not. You are right about the drive system, too.

Cooney Minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in SE WI. Between Milwaukee and Madison.

johndeere720diesel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I may have to get in touch with you if I end up with this

BANDITFARMER
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By what I can see in the pictures it has a quick-tach feeder house. The old style feeder house has a solid bar acrosed the feeder house chain and the quick-tach has 2 bars offset in the middle. In the second pic on the side of the head the real has the varable speed on it wich requires hydrolics to move it, So it would have to be a 4 stick cab(hydrolic levers) wich was only avalable the last 2 years of the 95s were made. So it should be a quick-tach feeder house. Heres a side pic of mine with the front quick-tach plate off. Bandit

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 95 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The first,second and fourth pics are of the later
'flat faced'feeder house.it is 'universal',will
attatch to most/all heads.The third is the older
round faced feeder houes.It will only fit the
correct grain head.The "intermediat feederhouse' is
pretty scarse.But are only worth scrap or a little
more....(unless you need one).Steve

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.