Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farmall M assembly line scedual card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff47o4
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does any one have their old buildsheet? This one is from my great grandpa's M. His name was Floyd D. Keller and he purchased the tractor new to move buildings which was way more common in the 40's and 50's. I have his big jacks, this build sheet, and the owners manual but no tractor. I would like to have it, but it was sold at an auction in the early 80's around Crawfordsville Indiana. Does anyone have their original paperwork? I am thinking about framing this one or donating it to an IH museum. I love Farmalls and hope you like the photo and the list of normal options from Chicago. This one was shipped by rail. It would have been neat to have seen that in color. Read letter series tractors on a train;)

screwstick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've looked through lots of IH material, but I've never seen a build sheet before. Thanks for posting this, hope you get some leads on the tractor!

Last edited by screwstick on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DC Snider
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very neat, I've never seen one of those before. Looks like tractor was '51 year model. Interesting to me to note that the tractors engine & chassis serial numbers. I always like to see the spread in between them, that sheet shows a difference of 9000, for probably a mid year build. My tractor, with October '51 cast dates and a 282XXX serial number is exactly 12000 ahead of it's engine number.

Sure hope someday you'll come across it...

Stumpy(NH)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love it. Thanks for posting. I also saved the picture to my hard drive. What is cool, it shows the rim width as 11 inches and 12-38 tires. I just mounted 2 13.6-38s on 11 inch rims. They look good, glad to see they are "factory correct" width! ;)

Stumpy

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would frame it and keep it at home. I hope somebody sees this and knows where the tractor is.

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the "line sheet", I think that is what it was called for my 1972 IH grain truck.

I was told by a mechanic once to copy it, keep a copy or two in a safe place, where the mice couldn't get to it (like in the glovebox). He said it was invaluable in working on those older trucks cause IH was bad about switching brands of components right in the middle of a production run.

Gene

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Line Setting Ticket (IIRC) Jim

Jeff willhite

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Farmall M assembly line scedual card Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback. I know locating the tractor is a long shot. Im glad at least that someone enjoyed the photo.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.