Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

floor boards for B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had a homemade step onthe left side of my B , for several yr's now, and It helps a lot getting on and off of the tractor. Has anyone ever made a deck, or floor boards to fit on a B ? My CA came with a deck, maybe a B or C could use one! And how about a way to slide the seat back a little, without getting hit in the back by the rockshaft 3 pt bracket.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Post a picture. Every B and C I have had had a floor board for your feet when your sitting on them or you feet would be hanging in the open. As for a way to get up on them I have seen steps made to make it easy

Carlsenior
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to see some pics of floorboards for an Allis B. I am just finishing rebuilding one and find it very awkward to get on and off.

amo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the drawbar turned aroud backwards to use my plow or harrow and this makes a good step. I have never seen a floor board on one. One could be fabricated fairly easy from plywood or thin metal and attached to the frame work that is there. Good luck. Amo
Untitled URL Link

steve(ill)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

floor boards dont help get on and off. The best way to get on a B is to have a step on the left side that hangs down 10 inches from the 2 x 2 box section. Put your right foot on it and raise up, put your left foot on the 2 x 2 box beam, and then swing your right leg around the steering wheel as you set down.

RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been also thinking of adding some kind of ROPS, not so much for roll over, but to stand up and hold on to while mounting , or dismounting the tractor. Backin 89 whe I got the B It wasn't necessisary, but I an not as flexible now!

Kip-Utah
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: floor boards for B Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doesn't everyone just come running Roy Rogers style and leap over the back into the seat?!!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.