Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmichales
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can someone till me if this is worth buying? The boards look worn to me. Does Agri Supply sell the parts for this model? Asking price is $100. or save my money for a better one? Thanks

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would think any usable plow is worth a $100.i would be there picking it up just because i want one were did you say it was?lol

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK, so the cultivators in the other post are back there? The plows are worth 100 in scrap, so buy them. Offer the guy 150? 175? for the plow and the cult. The other thing is what we used to call- and other companies call a 'tool bar'. You bolt on and take off what ever you need or don't want on there. The basic frame can be a sprayer, spreader, a middlebuster, even a york rake if collect enough junk to bolt into all the 'perferations'? No rules or regs with these things, it is like- really heavy legos...
If you decide you don't want either, please tell the board so people like trac can have a shot, I got 2 of each already....

Christos
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Howdy,

Your Ferguson Plow is a 14N-AO-28 plow. It has the N Bottom from what I can tell with a removable shin. The wear pieces minus the short landslide are readily available from TSC. Shares are usually $20 and the AO plow became the MF 62 plow if you need parts.

Christos

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as tony said,

if you get a good price, buy both pieces.

you can always use the old cultivator frame and diggers to lay off rows or whatever,

plows, if they will not go in the ground, just flip them over and grind the the points down till you have a sharpe edge:

you want a sharpe edge and negitive draft, then they will suck in the ground, if not hang some weight on them.

unless you are plowing many acres, these old plows will do fine, then clean the wings good and oil/grease them down for next year.

Good find!!!!!

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 14R AR28 two bottom plow-condition?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC is no longer carrying plow parts, thats what my store told me anyway.I got lucky and grabbed some shins for my MF62 on clearance.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.