Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paper shredder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a good paper shredder that will shread all these credit card applications I get each week, also will shread staples, thanks

Ken-Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seriously , staples ? Why ruin a shredder by being dumb . Remove the staples first , then shred . I can only imagine you returning a dammaged shredder to a store because of such nonsense .If you lack staple removing energy , get a hot fire going & burn everything . God bless our hurting America .Ken

Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken-Pa

Actually Staples sells a paper shredder that will take staples and paper clips. I"m looking for a heavy duty one.
STEVE

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve, I have an Ativa, AT-MC600, Got it at one of the Office Supply Bigbox stores.... Eats paper, heavy card stock, Staples, C.Cards, only drawback is the 6 sheet maximum. But we use the dog out of this one had it 4 yrs or so. It is thermal protected if you let you shred pit get really big it may get hot and cut off on its own. If so set it outside to cool off or put a fan on it, 10 minutes or so it is ready to go again. I have filled the container up on it up to 4 times at one Setting with little breaks for it to cool off. I think I paid about $35 or so for this one. As always the more $$$$ one is the more it will do! Hope this helps!
Later,
John A.

Brian in Ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know what brand it is, but the one we have at my work will chop up computer CDs that have sensitive info. Might look for one with that capability.

JGayman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've gone through about 3 shredders in the past 8 years. The latest one seems to be holding up very well. It is a Fellows W-11C. It is a cross-cut model that can take 11 sheets of paper, credit cards and staples. Duty cycle is 880 sheets in 5 minutes. Comes with it's own waste bucket. It is quite compact and I keep it under my desk. It runs around $68 at Amazon. They recommend a squirt of shredder oil each time you empty the bucket.

VernMI

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Royal that will crosscut 12 sheets with staples, computer discs, and credit cards and has a giant bin to catch the bits. I think they now have a bigger one that will cut up to 16 sheets.

D7fever
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not just throw the unwanted paper in the wood stove? Doesn't cost extra and the staples won't hurt anything, plus you get btu's.

DownSouth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Works perfect, even if the power is off!

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I find if you use a barrel for several months, with paper rifle and pistol tarkets taped on it, It works much better. Especially those .54 cal muzzy lead balls.
I also cut the bottom out so I can roll it a few feet and shovel the ash into the wind.

old_bc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Staples Model SPL-TXC15A. It will shred up to 15 sheets at a time. It will also shred CD/DVD's and credit cards.

Cliff Nelson
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Paper shredder Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have one that is Office Max brand. 12 sheets, staples, credit cards, etc. Haven't had any problems with it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.