Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did the original TO20 light switch look like?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got most everything I need to put lights on my TO20 but the switch they offer now is for 8N's and they come in a few different varieties. What did the original Ferguson knob look like because I want to try to get as close to original as possible and I haven't come up with a good pic of an original switch. Thanks.

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well... I went over to the Fena site and couldn't get registered. Don't remember why, don't really care at this point.
Sitting here now in front of this machine again, I just remembered to look in the manuals I have.
Hmm...
Brain cramp.
Didn't Fergy use a 4 position key switch?
1)Off
2)On
3)On + Lights
4)Lights only

The Fergy TO-30 came with a plate that went behind the switch to illustrate the various positions.
So, are you looking for an original Ign switch?
or the switch that went on the work light in the rear?

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i thought the light switch on a TO-20 was merely a toggle switch ????

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked on this site and they show a 3 pole ign.switch for the 20 so Bruce wins the cigar!

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remember the 20 had a pull out light switch instead of being on the key like a 30. But I have seen a knurled handle one and I have seen one that had a chrome knob like a choke knob or something. If you look at the part number for the one listed on this site it is an 8N switch.8N11654B

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here is another one.
Untitled URL Link

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and yet another one. i had to magnify the pages to read them.
Untitled URL Link

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last one.
Untitled URL Link

trac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you all ready have the hole in dash? You may not want to drill a good dash just saying.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the same exact page bookmarked of the one on ebay but the part number says 9N and I wasnt for sure if it was the same or not.I had looked on FENA but my moiter here at work doesnt have the best resolution so its kind of hard to tell.I think the ebay one matches it the closest though.I did notice that fix that ferguson shows the bulb retaining clips.I need a few of those

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i had thought our to-20 had a toggle switch but after seeing the pics of the pull type switch i believe that was what was on our 20. i do not remember the 20 as having a three postion ignition switch as did our to-35.
i also believe our 39 9N had the pull type light switch.

happy hunting.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes there is a hole in the dash. This tractor originally had lights on it but someone before me removed them. Although this tractor had the socket looking mounts for the headlights instead of wings, but the TO30 I grew up with had the sockets also.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason: where did you find your lights?

Bruce(OR)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fergy dash has three holes. No?
Uh...no. Just opened the 1949 TO-20 operators manual. Two holes on dash. Right side. Oil pressure and a small hole tom the right of that. The small hole for the charge indicator light.
My wife"s" 50 TO-20 came with the multi position key switch.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did the original TO20 light switch look like? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got lucky and found a set of hall headlamps on eBay and a week later I found the work lamp on there.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.