Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carb problem ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Beddard ENC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Converted to round can 12v coil on 46 2N frontmount with alternator & have blue-white spark. After conversion found that carb was flooding so I put in new float valve & gasket & made sure ALL passages were open & set float at 1/4", new gasket, idle screw out 1 turn & main out 2 turns. I have good flow out of carb drain, but won't start- still acts as if it's flooded. What should I try next?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plug wet with as??? Will the spark jump a 1/4 inch gap or more?? If plugs are wet they are fouled and need cleaned or replaced. Auto lite 437s?? When was the last time you dumped the water and dirt out of the air cleaner

Tom Beddard ENC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will check plugs tomorrow, used a test plug, yes it jumps 1/4". I have 437's in it, didn't think to ck for fouled plugs, turned 60 last month & that must have been one of those "senior moments" I've heard about. Thanks!!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may also want to pull the air cleaner tube off when you try to start it. Use little to no choke when you try also

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

white spark is good.

pull plugs and clean with carb spray.

put back in..

pull off mouth to carb.

turn fuel on... does she start dripping fuel out mouth?

no?

try to start with no choke.. if you have some start fluid.. use a hair of it.

post back

Tom Beddard ENC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good AM old. I cleaned the plugs and it fired right up!! Thanks for your help. I guess it's easy to overlook the obvious.

Tom Beddard ENC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good AM old. I cleaned the plugs and it fired right up!! Thanks for your help. I guess it's easy to overlook the obvious.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Carb problem ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep hind sight will bite you every time LOL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.