Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super C hydraulic valves stuck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Mountain
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1954 Farmall Super C tractor with fast hitch that I just successfully rewired and got running. Now I have a rear tire off for repair and looking at other things that don't work on the tractor. The hydraulics work just fine on the rear fast hitch lift, but the two front hydraulically operated lift arms in the center of the tractor don't move. Or they might move but the two levers that move the valves in the front control box, located up on the controls below the stearing wheel don't move. The rods down to the control box flex some and move, but where they enter the front of the control box they don't move. Anybody know how I might free them and get them working again? The tractor has sat for 6 months in the barn but I need the front hydraulics to operate my belly dozer blade to fix up the driveway.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would disconnect the control rods AT the unit then move the arms on the unit to see if they are free as probably the control levers are froze. The round covers can be removed and you can spray some WD-40 or something are probably froze not uncommon. Be carefull moving the levers as you can shear the small pins that lock them to the shaft.I use a wrench on the arms where the rods connect.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the rods flex, then it sounds like the spools are stuck. I have no idea why they would be stuck, because they run in oil and should not rust.

You'll have to drain and remove the hydraulic unit to access the spools.

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remove the reservoir, disassemble, and get a kit from CaseIH, about $120-$130?, containing mostly orings and gaskets, remove everything and clean, and reassemble. This is an oversimplification, but something you have to do if you want it to work. Kit probably comes with a diagram, better one in parts book or in the parts section of CaseIH.com. Service manuals are also available.

Peabody
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before draining the unit, remove the fill plug at top first! Then remove the drain plug. Otherwise you might take a hydraulic fluid bath.

Rick Remmert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C hydraulic valves stuck Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you go back a week or so on here, I am right in the middle of putting new seals in a touch control unit. There are pictures and one shows the seal kit. There are no directions in the seal kit. Like someone else said, unhook the control rod and see if the adjustment levers on the light bar will move. I would be very surprised if the spools are hung up. If you removed the lifting arms off the front of the unit and the leather socks off the two spools, you should be able to tell if they will move. The spools need to be remove from the front, but I don't know if they would clear the hump in the flywheel case. You will at least have to have a parts manual to tear it down.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.