Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture for Today - Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a very nice picture. I think Thomas Kindaid or Terry Reddlin would of had a hay day working for the Agriculture Equipment Companies years ago.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty stylish looking horses. Not like the draft horses I'm expecting to see. But then, I'm no expert on horses.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This one is neat.

Here is a link to a Farmall one that I really like. Thinking about buying it through the Wisconsin Historical Society website. After you click on the link, you can click on the picture of the poster to enlarge it.
Farmall McCormick Deering A Farmall on Every Farm

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We discussed that pic. over on Case board a couple of years ago. The horses seam to be trotting, rather than pulling a plow, and the plow is a bit wierd, however it is a nice pic to have. The artist who produced it had a city slickers preseption of plowing.
Loren, the Acg.

Chris(WA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey! They are selling a product not providing a pictorial history of plowing. Do you think the cute gal cleaning the toilet on todays commercials will show up at your house???

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm glad you shared that website Sweetfeet.
I was looking thru all the pages of pictures and came across this one.
100,000th Farmall Tractor 4/12/30

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's something that's on ebay right now. Make your own literature. It's an Oliver Chilled Plow Company Number 1 cultivator metal printers block from 1910. Kind of a neat item.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is neat...almost looks like it is painted silver. I will have to go digging around for the story sometime.

Yes, WI Historical site is great. I found out about it from someone on YT (cannot remember who it was or I would give them credit).

Wheat Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great posting by all of you. Thanks

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Picture for Today - Case Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today Case will have ads with all the latest and greatest equipment to make your farming easier. Maybe a Quadtrack with autosteer pulling a 60-90ft planter, seeder or tillage tool. And you think to yourself, if I had an outfit like that, just think of all the acres I could tend to with less work, time and stress.

Imagine putting yourself in the shoes of the man the old ad is targeted towards.

The farmer looking at that old ad maybe had a single horse or more likely a pair of oxen pulling and old worn out walk behind plow. He likely trudged and clod hopped and man handled the handles of his plow over many hours day after day but very few acres actually covered until freeze up in the fall and started in again after spring thaw.

Imagine his thoughts of fancy as he takes in the image of three fine horses pulling of all things a RIDING plow. He thinks of the ease on his tired bones and muscles as he glides along at a swift pace, plowing up acre after acre while we just sits there along for the ride. He thinks of how these new plows are redesigned for light draft and easy on the horses. He thinks of getting his plowing done early, taking on more acres, or having more time for other livestock enterprises or recreational time with family and community if his plowing was acomplished so swiftly.

He also takes in the image of the rich soil and green meadows and mature trees, the blooming flowers and sunshine and imagines his own farm being as fruitful and bountiful and productive if he only had such fine machinery and stock.

Today, we can't imagine farming anything with a 12 or 14 inch plow and a horse, but back then that ad must have been putting the ultimate dream of finer farming into the mind of the farmer wanting to improve his lot in life.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.