Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magneto Rebuild Shop?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher Mikesell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good magneto rebuild shop that has the right tools to work on Case magnetos, preferably in the great lakes area?
I have a few magnetos that I would like to have disassembled and cleaned, and checked on a test bench. I have already done evrything that I can from the cap-side, but I don't have the right tools to rewind the impulses, so I have left the impulses alone. I know that one works well, but both have sat out on tractors for at least 20 years and I don't want any problems. I am willing to pay for proper service.

thebigyellowtruck
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Give Rogers Equipment a call in Monroe Michigan. He rebuilt my ac wd mag at a very reasonable price.
734-241-9580

Christopher Mikesell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, I am located in Flushing, MI, which is near Flint, MI. Magneto ahops probably don't get too many working mags in for service.

Plowman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Weaver's Magneto Repair Shiloh Ohio 419-896 2827

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I send everybody to Gill Hillsinger in MD. Very good & reasonable. 410-795-3734. His biggest complaint, is that when folks send magnetos to him, sometimes they don't do a very good job of packing the Mag. He has recieved them with broken Caps.

karl f
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the "how to restore tractor magnetos" book has a humorous pasage about Case magnetos (pretty sure it was case). This is highly paraphrased: An inspector was making sure the author's shop was equiped with the tools to perform all the magneto repairs for all the makes. They went through drawers and pegboard displays for all the special tools for all the magnetos checking off each one on the inspector's list. The inspector next asked to see the author's Case tools. The author fumbled in his pocket and pulled out a nail, a screwdriver, and a file. He held out his hand to the inspector and the inspector replied "that looks about right."

Apparently Case were easy to work on and only required basic tools. The author speaks highly of Case mags. I think the name is Yerrigan. If you can find this book, get it. You could become the nearest magneto expert :)

karl f

allaroundtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dale Thompson
Perry Mi .
517-625-7043.
He does good work .

Christopher Mikesell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have that book right here next to the computer and have read most of it. I also have the shop service manual for the Case 41 mag and have read all of it. This is how I know that I need more capability than I currently have, and the specialized test equipment is expensive. I can't justify thousands of dollars of equipment (or hundreds of hours to build it) to service my two magnetos. I can use my multimeter to learn some things, but there is no substitute for the right tools.

allaroundtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dale Thompson
Perry Mi .
517-625-7043.
He does good work .

allaroundtractor
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OOPS !

FarmerHR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Magneto Rebuild Shop? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I have had outstanding luck with Howard Durling who also lives in Flushing, Michigan.
He does great work,is really a great person to work with, is really sharp on magnetos, and is very reasonable. He does the magneto work for most the tractor repair shops in the area. His number is 810-659-8309.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.