Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

power adjust rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedagi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I set in to taking the rims off the center dish today. The square drive locks would not budge. I heated the outside of one and soaked it with power lube and heated some more. Then tried a 1/2 inch drive impact wrench that runs over 600 ft. lbs of torque. It didn't move a bit.
Anyone know any tricks foe getting them loose?

Tom from Buckeye Lake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to use. Oxy/acy torch on mine, then had to work them in and out, reheat, in and out, repeat, repeat. Did I say repeat? Smile

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a to 35
I had one of the wheel to rim locks: lockup, I took the adj wheel lock off by loosing the two nuts. The lock came off, I guess you could take all four of them off.

Then put each of the locks in a vise, heat them with torch and they will break loose.

lee231
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the real stubborn ones, I"ve had to unbolt them from the rims and work on them in a vise. You can get the lube in them better too. I started on the bottom ones first. HTH"s lee

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The best way is to take the 2 bolts off like maxwell99 said. Thats what I did.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If they are like the AC wheel locks ( the patent holder), take the bolts off, and drop them complete, as others have said. Heat and Beat in a vise, get 'em turning, a little, then take the snap ring off the back, and drive the cam pin out the front. Remember that the cam "bolt" is just a pin, with no threads. Run the pin against a wire wheel, till clean, and it fits the hole loose enough to turn. Re assemble all the parts, and Lube with Neversieze. Be sure not to lose the rail rider, that goes between the cam, and rail, when you dis-assemble.

jedagi
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I spent today removing dacals and sanding side panels. Ill get back the the wheels later. I was worried about breaking one of the locks.

Aaron For
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put them in a vise and heated with a torch until they were smokin hot. I then used Loctite Penetrating Oil and let it cool. I then torqued on em a little, then reheated/oiled. They eventually came loose. Lighter oils just flashed off but the heavier Loctite Penetrating Oil hung in there.

Aaron

willowbk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: power adjust rims Reply to specific post Reply with quote

had same issues as everyone else,mine had been thru a complete fire of tractor. onbolted from center dish,remove snap ring from back side of cam and had to put them in a press and press out.30 ton press and a couple took all of it to pop. nice to use some never seize when reassemble. good luck.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.