Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

22 BAO Plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought another plow today. Been in a fence row for years. What is the turn buckle below center link? Looks like it may have been factory.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are going to hurt the finish on those beautiful boards on the trailer deck! Drop that plow off at my house as soon as possible!
You find the best $%^& Mickey! Perfect for an MF65!
That turnbuckle may be to do with a coulter? As if this thing needs coulters...

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mickey are you bringing that to Vienna, Oh. in August?

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mickey, just looked in my P-AO-22 Disc Plow Manual and on the last page it is showing that turnbuckle. It says that turnbuckle and the other parts you are missing. "For Attaching P-AO-22 to Tractors Prior to TO-35". So hook it on to a F-40 and you don't need to worry about that turnbuckle.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The AO 21's I've got has the holes for the turnbuckle and the AO 20 does not have the holes. As Richard said it(21 & 22) must be a later plow.
I may bring a AO 21 to Ohio that I have for sale. Don't need two of same.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

minor,
looks like i have lost the back plow on my old MF64 disc plow.

I have never seen a 3 plow disc plow around my area of western KY.

Great find,

my friend an I have two disc plows, this mf 64 is mine and his is the older ferg with the straight frame.

great old plows, but do leave the ground a little rough.
we use them every year.
I had to replace the rear trail wheel disc blade and make a third leg stand for this one.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The M 64 has the rod and spring on side where the Ferguson does not. What does it do as far as plowing?

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 22 BAO Plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rod and spring,
do you mean the rod and spring that holes down pressure on the trail wheel?

the pipe on the side of the big frame tube is my way of building the kick stand leg, so the plow will stand up when parked.

the support leg was missing and with the curved mainframe and only two plow disc, it just did not appear it would be very sturdy with the regular support stand, the stand works great.

did i answer your question?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.