Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sheppard deisel sd3 parts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadmn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i am trying to locate a couple parts for a sd3. i know they will be hard to find. i would either buy or "rent". would be willing to pay to use as a pattern to make what i need. with that said, im looking for the right hand foot platform/running board and a battery box. im locating these for a restoration shop and will guarentee that the parts will be well taken care. thank you in advance for any help finding these parts.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A man is suppose to send me a sketch of the right hand foot platform/running board and a battery box. He's a welder and taught welding while in the Army. I'll send you an email when I get it. Hal

chadmn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you

Stan - Florida
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hal,

I hope that guy who taught welding in the Army didn't learn from my old band director in high school.

This band director was a "ground pounder" who watched the bulletin board in his company area very carefully. There was a notice there that a welding instructor was needed. He signed up and told them he was a welding instructor. He got the job, and went to the shop every night to read the lesson and practice it for the next day.

I did the same thing in my Army Reserve unit back in '61. They needed a cook, I said, "I can cook". I couldn't of course, but I could read. It worked for me.

Stan

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can take picture of mine and send you a copy or two,if You'd like.

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He had to go through the welding school first. He probably did well in school. He may have been a welder to start with. One of my classmates in school was drafted after I was. His dad had an auto repair shop and he worked in there along with his dad. His dad was also a machinist. They made his son an instructor and he was only 30 miles from home. He spent his 2 year hitch there teaching. He also dropped out of school and had his own repair shop along with a school bus contract. He had about a dozen buses and since he's passed on his family is running the business. He could weld too. Hal

chadmn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i would really appreciate that. it is missing off of this tractor and cant find any pictures that are close enough to get an idea of how to build it.

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll try and get some taken in the morning.What is your email?

chadmn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ihmeyer@msn.com

Stan - Florida
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hal,

Thanks for the reply.

Stan

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures sent.

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you recieve the pics?

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Again,did you recieve the pictures??

chadmn
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i did and i appreciate them. i did send you an email yesterday. thank you

Trkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: sheppard deisel sd3 parts Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got it,good luck with your Sheppard!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.