Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4430 steering valve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Henry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am putting a different cab on my 4430. 1974 s/n
26??? so old style valve. This valve has three lines
coming through the firewall. I understand the
left/right lines for steering, but what is the third
line for?? Can I block it off?? The extra line's
source is opposite side of valve from bleed port and
about ten inches lower. Thanks for the help.
Ken

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They won't mate up for you,,if you want to use the new style valve in the newer cab you will need to change the steering motor down front,,some one on here has one,,we were talking about it last week...or fit the old style valve into your newer cab....

LarrySTN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be that John Deere put the line there cause it needed to be there. The line you are referring to is the hydraulic pressure for the power steering, as in no line, no power steering.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry it sounds like he has a new style cab with the steering brick out in front of the fire wall these take 3 lines to operate the steering brick(valve), then 5 lines down to the steer motor, they will not mate up with out making them match..

LarrySTN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tim, I miss read his question, thought he was maintaining use of the old valve.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken Henry wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:34:58 02/06/13) I am putting a different cab on my 4430. 1974 s/n 26??? so old style valve.

Why change steering valve? Steering valve & dash aren't part of a SGB(cab).

Update: I just read Ken Henry's other post where original SGB burnt so now I understand the need for different steering valve & dash.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: 4430 steering valve Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was confused by this just a bit too...the dash is separate up to the 55 series...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.