Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

weight of JD 60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randydandy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

need to know weight of Jd 60,

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Approx 5400#

randydandy
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, i am going to get my feet wet, This may be my first toy, {bad news}, been sitting for 4 or 5 years, Needs carb work, hand clutch needs adjusting, {good news} has 2 new rear tires and 1 front tire, has 3 point hitch, comes with a 2 bottom JD plow, mower, and cultivator, for 1400.00 or maybe less, Good buy or not?

Fred from MO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rear tires if new are worth $1100 alone. I would say its a good deal provided nothing else is majorly messed up on it.

ben70b
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

snatch it up

730d se
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a great buy.
Not to be negative, but while there are still folks out there that will sell old 2 poppers for a song, most people have an idea of their value.
Look carefully at expensive deal stopper issues such as the crank splines on the clutch side. If they are worn too bad, you will spend loads getting and installing a new crank.
If it will not run, no way to know if the head or block is cracked, etc.
Issues like carbs needing cleaning, etc., are what most sellers say is the reason the tractors are not running. It makes it sound like an "easy" fix.
Think about this. If it was such an 'easy" fix, why would the seller not fix it and get more money?

60jds
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine with live pto 1 set if wheel weights and half tank of fuel with 180 pound operator is 6030 pounds i cant get it down to pull 5500 pound less i put press steel on it.

60jds
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine with live pto 1 set if wheel weights and half tank of fuel with 180 pound operator is 6030 pounds i cant get it down to pull 5500 pound less i put press steel on it.

pbb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About 23 or 24 years ago my fatherinlaw sold a 60 with wide front for 1200 dollars.It was in good running shape nice sheet metal and tires.He used it just to pull logs when he used to cut wood.When he quit he sold the tractor.We were talking about the 60 last weekend.He said he wished he kept it.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rowcrop-5300; standard-5750; hi-crop-6933- before calcium and other additions.

Jim in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has it been sitting inside or outside? The 3 pt and implements are probably worth half of what they want for the tractor. Its nice to get a few implements with the tractor, especially your first one...makes it easier to justify having it if you can do something with it.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, Years ago I thought that old implements would be very collectable,,seeming like the old tractor restorations were a bit saturated,,though they are still the stronger since of collecting...

MikeinKy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: weight of JD 60 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine weighs 6100 with no weight added and me on it, half tank of fuel.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.