Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a friend bring me a bag of ammo. 1 or 2 of each cal. Now I wish I had a gun to shoot them all. LOL. She brought us at least 35 rounds from a 50cal down to a 22 and just about most sizes between. Have one here not sure what it is. Says this on it 6PPC USA Sako. Any ideas as to what it is??? Looks to be a 22 cal but a whole lot more behind that bullet then a 22 mag

rabbit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hang on to them, keep them clean, cool and dry. Trading stock. I"e recently acquired a small stock of stuff I"ll never shoot. Someone will sometime. Right now ammunition of all description is scarce. expensive or both!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I plan to keep them. I have them in a zip lock bag and stored in a cool dry place. Same gal said she has a friend who has a bunch of reloading stuff I need to come and look at and maybe do some trading for

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its scarce because Homeland security just bought another billion rounds, give or take gobble

Tony in SD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a 6mm target round. PPC stands for Pindell-Palmisano Cartridge (the guys who developed it). It was based on a necked-up .220 Russian case. Thats why it looks like a large 22.

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was in a Walmart today and someone came in asking for .32 ACP. The clerk told him they were out, that the guy who bought the last box admitted that he didn't even own a .32, but was just buying it for trading material.

Gene

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old, you do make me smile.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well just think If I had a gun for every round I have I would have enough weapons to fend off a small army if not more. Yes I collect tractors and ammo and also guns and other weapons. I have had people flat out go woo when they check out how sharp I keep my ax or other such tools. As in an ax that will skin a deer no knife needed

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey old"
Looks like you will be doing some re loading after all. We started re-loading right after we got our first pistols, and now we have all the dies needed for all our guns except shot gun reloading equiptment. Fun to do and saves a bundle . have fun .
LOU

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

6mm PPC is a popular round for benchrest shooting. Not used much for anything else. Very accurate.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My grandfather was that way, tools were always sharp. He dug field tile and cut wood for a living. I still have some of his tools.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am keeping my eyes open for a shot gun reloader set up but not sure if it is one press for one gauge or if you can have one press and do all gauges if you get the correct dies or what ever they are called. Have all the gauges from 12 on down to 410 and all but one between which is a 28 gauge

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HSD also just put in an order for 7000 Colt select fire (Full auto) rifles. Assualt rifles to Slimestein. Are we building a federal police force? Where would these rifles go. To whom will they be issued. Do we now have an SS, or Gestapo?

keh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old,

On Shot shell reloading, generally you get one press and separate dies for each gauge. 410 and 28 gauge are uncommon. 410 reloading used to be considered difficult and expensive to load, can't really say for now.You have to consider the expense of the wads as well as the powder and shot.

Back in the day, Remington and Winchester shells used different size primers, don't know about today. Federal used Winchester size primers.

Mec(originally Maryville Engineering Co.) makes one of the more common loaders. You can probably look them up on the internet for details.

If you want 20 gauge empties I can probably send you a few, I've been after squirrels that have been after my pecans, an I don't reload 20s.

BTW, you can make a waterproof match case by trimming a 12 and 16 gauge case and fit the 16 inside the 12.

KEH

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had a gun for every bullet I now have Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been looking at a Lee shot shell reloader locally but they want $179 for it used which seems a tad bit high and only set up for 12 gauge. Know where to find wads but shot on the other hand not sure but just one of those thinking about it things right now

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.