Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellis Kinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Zach, please keep us updated on your adventures with the storm. Thanks, Ellis

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know how badly he will get hit being in the western part of NY state.We on the other hand could get hammered here in northeast CT.They figure around 2 feet should fall in our area with blizzard conditions later today.

Vito

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vito is right, I am not expecting much here. I am by the east end of Lake Ontario and our weather events are often out of sync with the rest of the area because of the lake. I hope all the folks further east will be okay.
Zach

Murray2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Storm suppose to arrive in Nova Scotia, (overnight, Friday and Saturday) so we will fill you in on all the details sometime over the week-end. Weather forecasters are giving us a serious warning about the storm with strong winds, blizzard like conditions. Cheers, Murray

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We got a lot, a lot of rain and winds. Seemed like the storm stalled out over me for 12 hours. Va (Tidewater)

1970-1655
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had not noticed until this winter that the weather service is naming these winter storms. When did that start? I know they name tropical storms and hurricanes. Names or not, hope you don't get as much wind or snow as they have been guessing.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tidewater isn't that just up the road from Damneck VA???? I was stationed at Damneck back in 74 and or 75

Oldiron29
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has been snowing here all day light this morning with some mixed ice. It is come down hard now I would say an inch an hour. The wind has picked up now about 25-30 mph. 60 miles east of NYC 60 miles west of Montauk. oldiron29

metalmender
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Western Mass checking in, visibilty approx 50 yards hard snow and heavy wind right now and the weather say the worst is yet to come have plowed the yard twice so far using my IH 444 gasser

Lucid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

old wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:15:23 02/08/13) Tidewater isn't that just up the road from Damneck VA???? I was stationed at Damneck back in 74 and or 75

old- I am about 45 minutes west of Damneck. Not too far!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought it was close. Spent a lot of time in that area off and on form 1974 to 1980 when in the Navy. Norfolk Portsmith etc etc etc. Bet a lot has changed since back in the 80s like VA Beach from what I have heard

Jim Becker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1970-1655 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:04:09 02/08/13) I had not noticed until this winter that the weather service is naming these winter storms. When did that start? I know they name tropical storms and hurricanes. Names or not, hope you don't get as much wind or snow as they have been guessing.

The weather service does not name winter storms. The Weather Channel decided to start naming them as of last October.

LA in WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Murray,
I remember you NS people like that Bluenose Rum. I bet the liquor stores did a lot of business the last couple of days. We have 10 inches of snow and high temps of 25 lately.
I am going to the Ontario plowing match in Sept, any chance of you being there?
LA in WI

LA in WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oldiron29,

Hang in there buddy. Spring is coming. I heard some blue jays singing today. Cardinals should start pretty soon.

I'm betting you have an IH tractor ready to move the snow out of the way.

LA in WI

clint s
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM ----- ZACHARY HOYT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC I am pretty close to Zach, he lives a little north of me. So far we have gotten 4 to 6 inches. Actually not really even snowning right now. It is the wet mealy stuff that is pretty slick though. At this point I expect no more than a foot, probably less.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.