Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesmoothedeere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw a pontiac vibe today with a ball hitch lol . Saw a astro van pulling two grain wagons last fall .

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harley Davidson pulling a small trailer.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about an Amish buggy with a Reise Hitch, pulling a boat.
Loren, the Acg.

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Several years ago, I saw a Pinto station wagon pulling a travel trailer. Some miles down the road I saw same vehicle. This time trailer was on its side and the Pintos rear end was up in the air about four feet, and the driver was standing there scratching his head

thesmoothedeere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now , i cant top that one . lol

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

unloaded this one horse trailer and this plow with my 1988 98 olds

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like that a lot!

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One day a friend of mine called and asked if I'd mind hauling his daughter's Honda scooter home, it had broke down on her way to work. I told him sure, be there asap. I guess he thought I'd bring my pickup to haul it. Instead I pulled my 'Wing out and latched my cycle trailer on it. Went by and picked him up then went to the DQ and got her ride.
We got a bunch of laughs and thumbs up on the way back to his house.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't seen them down here with a boat yet, but I did see one with a Radio Flyer tied to the back end with baling twine- the one with the high wooden sides.....

RN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harley pulling a trailer or the Wing and sidecar rig pulling trailer aren"t unusual to me after going to shafty rallies for a few years- and the WW2 R75 with sidecar pulling ammo trailer isn"t really unusual according to lady bystander- was "just like the ones at home in 1940". Horse drawn buggy with hitch? stop by Green or Grant county , Wisconsin where Amish are and you"ll see a few buggies with hitchs. Comment previous about silly Smart Cars with hitchs- I see one when I stop by bank, have seen several with large 2 inch reciever hitchs-- it"s what the Smart Cars owners use for the bike racks and cargo racks as well as the little Harbor Freight/Menards 4 foot trailers that are needed to hual laundry bags in the basic trunkless stubbies. Maybe a airplane with a reciever hitch would be "wierd"- but I"ve seen a couple, one was a Swietzer biplane crop duster, the other was something like a big Piper Cub that got a tube with a wagon tongue shoved in it to be use for hauling it around behind a farm tractor. Hitch"s are handy for lots of things, how "wierd" a towing implement will keep me amused for another hour or so. NO coffee yet. RN

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

saw one of these at the big r farm store in the camping section. said on the box...."NOT FOR USE WHEN THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION"
bumper dumper

Hal/Eastern WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Pontiac Vibe could pull a small trailer just fine, assuming it wasn"t too heavy. If the Vibe has the larger engine, it would handle quite a bit of weight with ease.

I have two Vibes and really like them. They get right around 30 mpg and both have been ultra-reliable. The one with the larger 4 cylinder engine from the Camry is also pretty quick!

Do I have a trailer hitch on either of them? No, I use my F350 when I need to pull a trailer.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled an empty Killbros 375 gravity wagon with a Chevette for about a mile. Once I got it going the little Vette pulled it but I almost had whiplash by the time I got there. Jim

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never saw a port-a-potty with a spring spension seat. HeHe. It even comes with one of those hot air hand driers on the lower RH side of the vehicle.
Loren, the Acg.

Sid
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Whats the weirdest thing you've seen with a hitch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Granddad's git along.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.