Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

original 1958 farmall 560

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

finally got one of these , not to common around here.
even has the dealer tag on it and the triangle stamp on serial # plate that shows updates were done. nice running unit.

Redturbo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats pretty cool to see a 560 farmall in Alberta.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks very nice and straight.
Zach

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If my family owned that 560 the grille won't have looked like that. LOl Nice find. kent

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, Nice find. I have her little "460" sister in diesel, but no where near as nice as that. Did get her running again. I really would like a nice 560 as that is the tractor I spent alot of time on while in my early teens

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The old girl looks good in work cloths.

George 6

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That one has long rear axles and no Fast Hitch. I bet it was a sugar beet picker tractor when new. There is one identical to it with the same options and dealer tag (Cranford, AB) about 15 miles from me. It was brought to Ontario around 1990 by a used tractor dealer who specialized in bringing larger used western tractors into Ontario.

Old-F20
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are Farmalls not common in Canada, or just the '60 series?

there are 560's all over the place here. so much so that i dont even care for them but theres one in my shed Laughing

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the info. the guy that bought it new died and the young guy that had it, bought it with the farm. so what is the difference in axles? i need to find some wheel weights. couple more pics with the axles.
also it has 13.6x 38 tires so would 15.5 x38 be the correct replacements?

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually this is the first 560 farmall i have seen around central alberta. i have seen a few 460's though. farmalls are more common in southern ab. close to your border i am told, as this is where this one originates from. the m's are about the most common and some h's around here.

Ken Ind.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice that is the next tractor I would like to add to my collection is a 560. That is when Dad started working at the IH dealership was when they were in there hayday. Grandpa thouhgt they were just the berries. Kenny.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what they came with new, but if you like the current height of the rear 15.5 would be the same as 13.6. If you wanted it to be taller in the rear 14.9 would raise it up a bit.
Zach

Redturbo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: original 1958 farmall 560 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In western Canada, row crop farming isn't done. Its cereal grains. So "farmall" type tractors aren't that common out here. Yes there was some H & M tractors. The W series tractors is, was on just about every farm out here. So to see a row crop 560 was really odd, espically in Alberta. We have couple 560's, but are the so called "wheatland" Internationals. Funny thing, nobody calls them wheatlands out here.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.