Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STORM second day

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldiron29
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guy, Was up 5am with the dog. Could not get the back door open, had to dig door out to let dog out. Dug path to barn to get tractor out. Have about 24"-28" will try to get picture throughout the day and post later. How did all you northeast guy"s make out? oldiron29

Va Gasman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old Iron,
Here in North Central VA we woke up yesterday with 4" wet snow and 31 degrees . Most all had melted by end of day. This Am we have partly sunny and the wind is blowing and the trees are bending. Where are you located?
Vagasman

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in Prince Edward Island, Canada and its cold ( 20 F) windy and snoeing hard. It just started here early this morning and we allready have 3 or 4 inches down. They are telling everyone to stay off the roads because of 0 visibility.I'm just keeping the furnace full of wood. Kent

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About the same here in NE CT.Still coming down.Drifts all over.

Vito

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in Old Town, Maine and it is snowing hard. Supposed to continue most of today. Can't tell how much we have because of the high winds drifting it. I see some 3 foot drifts in the yard. Prediction is for 12 to 18 inches. 10 degrees F now. I'm going to stay in today and keep the wood furnace humping.

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just North of Boston - It's hard to tell but I'm thinking 20 - 24". I have drifting and still comming down.

BigTone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im in upstate NY, just west of the Bershire Mtns (VT), they called for 14"+ and we got 3.5". I was really looking forward to snowshoeing today but no dice!

TheDurk
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We only got 8" in my part of NJ. Quick work for the 140 with a 6' Meyer plow.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you compare it to 1978 is it going to be worse then that year?? I remember that year well when we had to use a broom handle to find a dodge van and it had 3 foot antennas on the roof

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still coming down here in Old Town, Maine. Supposed to stop in my area around 5 this afternoon. No way to tell how much because I am out in the open and it is blowing and drifting. The weatherman says 14 to 22 inches with high winds after it ends. Not looking forward to cleaning up this mess.

Mo in NE Tx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in Texas we had nearly 70 degrees yesterday and expected to get up to 60 today with some storms early Sunday morning. Some of the gardens in the area are starting to come up now. I sure don't evy you folks up noth any at all. I spen 3 yrs in Faribanks, Ak and had my fill of cold, saw a high of 90 and a low of -70, what a range to have to survive in.

Teakettle
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here on the MA/RI border we got about two feet. But the drifts between the house and the barn were more like four feet, so I had to put on snowshoes so I could go get the snowblower so I could clear enough snow around the truck so I could open the door so I could plow... Tomorrow once the winds quiet down I have to go up on some of our flat roofs and shovel the drifts off before we get some gnarly ice dams.

IH fan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sure wish you could send a little of that down our way... misty this afternoon, but no rain. Supposed to get some this evening, but I'll believe it when I see it. My poor 240U is just sitting there waiting for some snow. Had one snow deep enough to use it in the last 5 years or so and didn't have any wheel weights on it then, so it was pretty much helpless with the bucket full of wet snow.

Ken Ind.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in BOILERMAKER counrty we got lucky and didnt get any snow. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you getting hammerd with all the snow. Cant imagine getting that much snow. I work on the snow removeal team at the local hospital and know I would be in a world of hurt, Kenny.

nl00sb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: STORM second day Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rochester ny got around 12-15 about 8 heavy and a few light,

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.