Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MFWD 2294

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: MFWD 2294 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a red 4000 hour MFWD 2294 coming up at a local auction in a week or so. I have been looking for an update and upsize of my 970. Any inherent issues to look out for on it? Is the front axle a Carraro?

Would I be better off to hold out for a big Maxxum or small Magnum?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: MFWD 2294 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By then they had most of the bugs worked out. A few leftover electrical problems , especially if open station. Main problem was the clutch switch, once in a while a PS selector switch. Far more trouble free than a early Maxxums There ain't any maxxum that will work in a heavy tillage operations that would keep up with a 2294. I think Carraro rather than ZF front end on the 2294. The Magnums were great, with the full PS tranny. Magnums were a much better balanced and smoother riding tractor. The 2294, should sell for much less than a Magnum. Around here Magnums are priced on dealer lots at 45K and up.
Loren

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: MFWD 2294 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only real weakness I know of with the 94 series is that you can't run the PTO for a long time with the tractor shifted in reverse. It can cause a bearing to seize up and do some real bad things. I have seen this personally only one time, but the cost to repair the tractor was too high to fix it. Do not know much about magnums except they are held in pretty high regard, maxxums not as much. Neighbor down the road had a real lemon of a maxxum, but that can probably happen with any model. Don

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MFWD 2294 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don I have a 5140 maxxum, good tractor, with very few hang ups.And as tractors go, it is very Case like, more than IH like. Bruce

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MFWD 2294 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You should be happy with a MFD 2294. I have a few customers with MFD 2294's, they have been good tractors. If you want to compare a Maxxum to a 2294 you better get one bigger than a 5250/MX135. The old Caser's just have to many cubes and weight to match it. As far as the Magnum, they are good tractors. I have done a fair amount of Magnum transmission work. To much IH influence in the Magnum for me.....Get a 2294.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.