Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Flag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IA Roy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live in an area with quite a bit of wind. I seem to go through a flag at least twice a year. We have tried both cotton and polyester fabrics. There appear to be a downside to both. We usually get them through one of the big box stores. I have heard that the best buys are from the US government as they are the largest buyer in the world. Is there a best type and supplier that you have used.
Thanks in advance, Roy

Dusty MI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would try a nylon flag.

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I buy my flags from the American Legion. They sell them for cost just to keep a lot of them flying. They are good quality but I still go through quite a few. I have a light shining on one and other is near a security light so I leave them out unless really severe weather.

D7fever
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a company, Annin Flag Co. they make their flags in the USA. Been in business for many years, that is where I get my flags.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As they start to shred cut off the tattered end and resew. The Navy does this hundreeds of times on a deployment. Stripes have to be as long as the star field.

old popper
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am located in NW Iowa, and buy my flags from a company called "Carrot top Industries" I change my flag that flies 24/7 once a year on Memorial Day. The trick is to apply some "cheap" super glue to the two outermost seams, and let dry before putting the Flag into service. Amazing difference in the amount of fraying of the edge. Hope this helps you as I am always pleased to see the Stars and Stripes flown properly.

CaseDC3
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get mine from Kosco flags in Waukegan, IL. Tiny store front that filled floor to ceiling with everything thats flag related. I get a new one for my yard every year. I like to keep it fresh.
they do have a website too
koscoflags.com

bo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best and cheapest is through your congress person or senator. Go to their web sites and look for "flags" I have a 20' pole and use a 4x6 and it cost just under 20 bucks or did. Send in the order form and a check. The flags are nylon with sewn in stars. I get one season or maybe two. My flag flies out 110' on the end of the dock on the river. Tons of wind out there. I'll have to try that super glue trick.

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did some posts disappear?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.