Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best starting tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the day I was collecting John Deere tractors I bought a Case CC: It was the best starting tractor I had, I could bring it up to compresson and a quarter turn of the crank it wood always start. The clutch was the smoothest operating one that I ever drove. Rugged old tractor.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome Harvey,were glad you have 1 Case,if you get more,thats good too.
I have 2 "CC"'s neither run yet,heck one I haven't picked up yet!

DZC3

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad had one on a flat belt that ground feed with old letz grinder almost everyday rain or shine hot or cold I remember starting it -15 with just the crank.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harvey,

I hate to admit it but the neighbor had a D14 Allis that started instantly. I was always amazed at how quickly it was up and running.Don

TexasCC

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago, I made the mistake of leaving our DC in the corral with 50 or more holstines. Came back after a short lunch, pushed down on the starter and Pop---Pop----Pop------Pop. Those milkers had chewed up three of the four plug wires off the mag, I mean insulation was GONE,but the engine still started and barely ran on 1 cylinder.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My DC and Sc will start quarter turn if they ran the day before ..my 730 gasser is a easy starter too ,,. best diesel i ever saw to startin cold weather is the Liberty 430 .. the battery was too weak to crank twice this winter when the temp dipped to the single digits or i had charged the glow plug too long ,, the 930 starts diesel starts better than the 1070 ,,all start with glow plug assist ,, no ether for them...

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i know of a hopped up wd 45.the 45s have bigger valves . when started on a cold morning , it will snort ,and buck , and pfhart, wheeze,, til it warms up a bit,,he is a little fearful it will bend the crank ,,so he gently brings it up to operating temp ,, It is a POWER hoss TO BE RECKONED WITH

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the mid 80's we had -35F one morning, the only thing that would start was Dad's worn out 50 dc. I bounced on the crank to get it to turn, after 6 clicks of the mag it started with the crank!

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Best starting tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i ALSO have bounced on the crank of a DC and traded off with brother when it was 13 below ,1977 blizzard knocked out electric for 3 days,,took us about 5 minutes to crank start that Ol 'Man.. ,we started getting a few pufff-pfft -vhump-errpghhh!, we knew that ol fella wanted to go and help us out of our bind ,,and HE SURE ENUF started , ,DC pull started Dads 360 ford Truck , then the 430 diesel , then the 830 diesel ,,and sent them on their way plowing the neighborhood open and pulling and jump starting ,and getting up wood for eveyone .. While me and the DC went to work making feed for 180 hoggs ,,. thats all we got done that day ...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.